News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

AVX10

Started by prime95, November 19, 2023, 03:45:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prime95

Are there plans/timeline for supporting AVX10 in UASM?  I'm not sure if Intel has officially announced when AVX10 capable CPUs will be available.  My googling seems to indicate 2024 is possible. 

Intel does have an AVX10 emulator for code development before CPUs come out.

LiaoMi

Quote from: prime95 on November 19, 2023, 03:45:52 PMAre there plans/timeline for supporting AVX10 in UASM?  I'm not sure if Intel has officially announced when AVX10 capable CPUs will be available.  My googling seems to indicate 2024 is possible. 

Intel does have an AVX10 emulator for code development before CPUs come out.

"One interesting feature mentioned by TheNextPlatform is that starting Granite Rapids, Intel Xeon CPUs will adopt the latest AVX-1024/FMA3 vector engines for increased performance in a various range of workloads. Though that would mean that the power numbers using these instructions are going to go up tremendously. The Granite Rapids and future generation of Xeon CPUs are going to be compatible with a new 'Mountain Stream' platform."

Its important to note that there will be no new vector instructions on home computers. After the 11th generation, higher instructions were physically disabled.

greenozon

Are there any news if AMD CPUs are going to support AVX1024 instructions as well?