Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Multiprocessing with UEFI

Started by HSE, May 05, 2022, 09:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HSE

Hi All!

I failed trying to use more than one CPU in non-blocking mode. Then I recreated this classical example to find the problem. It's a presentation of Daryl McDaniels, Software and Solutions Group, Intel, from 15 June, 2010.

Now I can see what the problem was: bad position of Event argument  :biggrin: (then function was running in the other CPU but blocking main CPU[booting one])

A couple of functions must be added to ObjMemEFI, but are exactly the same in ObjMem64.

Very interesting, I maked an emulation of C Print function, but using macros  :biggrin:. (still very primitive, require additional spaces)

If somebody know more examples running more than one CPU, that could fantastic. (Semaphore, Mutex, Threads, in that order I think).

Equations in Assembly: SmplMath

Gunther

HSE,

do you mean multiple CPUs or multiple cores?

You have to know the facts before you can distort them.

HSE

Hi Gunther!

So far I'm learning of Multiprocess, CPU means  the minimum independ unit capable of execute a process. That can be the same that CORE, but core is in a superior level because with hyperthread each core have 2 CPU. A PROCESSOR can have several core. And a a PC or MainFrame can have several processors.

You tell us about the superior level as a FARM and as BEOWOLF. They are categories of NET. Apparently Multiprocess exclude Distribution, later term used only for Nets.

When we were learning computation, most of that terms were equivalent  :biggrin: You can find better references than me.

Here I'm running the program in different CPUs of same PROCESSOR.

Regards, HSE.
Equations in Assembly: SmplMath

Gunther

HSE,

Quote from: HSE on May 06, 2022, 08:46:32 AM
So far I'm learning of Multiprocess, CPU means  the minimum independ unit capable of execute a process.

I see. But you need special multiprocessor boards for that. Whether it's multiple CPUs or cores, it's usually referred to as hard coupling.
I understand what you mean.
You have to know the facts before you can distort them.