Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Plotting in UEFI

Started by HSE, July 07, 2022, 04:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HSE

Hi all!

I'm developing Plot2UEFI application.

This little UEFI application show a simplified Growing Steer Simulation, like an excuse. But you can see that if you want in Research Gate .

In this development the components used are:

PixelUEFI

An adaptation of Pixelmap.inc, just a little part and added some extensions.

CharsUEFI

Extend PixelUEFI to draw a font, because without an OS you have not graphical fonts. Perhaps you can retrieve the text font, but I don't know.

GraphicUEFI

An XYplot that show lines (only one is used, then others were erased form source code).

IntegAsm32 Core and Test modulus

This can make numerical integration for simulations using several methods: Timestep, Runge-Kutta, Fehlberg and Kash-Carp.

Obviously, to build the application you need ObjAsm with UEFI support, SmplMath and MReal macros.

The binary file now work in VirtualBox and hardware  :biggrin:

update b:    (99.83 kB - downloaded 6 times.)
update c:     - corrected FillBKground, not very relevant
                  - added a better 3D line,        "                , (anyway don't look so good because points density)
                  - code more clean
Equations in Assembly: SmplMath

jj2007

It's way over my head, but compliments for your courage to attack this new field, Hector :thumbsup:

HSE

Thanks JJ.

It's not so different. Indeed still I'm using in 64 bits code that is "pseudo 32 bits" with pseudo push and pop, etc  :biggrin:

M$ is a main partner of UEFI, then conventions and structures are similar, and sometimes the same, than in Windows.

To draw in a buffer was showed by Caballero a lot of years ago with 32 bits window in this forum.

It's like first Masm32 SDKs that used less possible C libraries functions, just in UEFI you can use none.

HSE

Hi all!

Solved problem with background. In VirtualBox screen delta is different to screen width, wich is not usual in hardware, but posibility is included in specifications.

Updated in first post.

Regards, HSE.

Biterider

Hi HSE
It took you a lot of work, but it was worth it!  :thumbsup:
Nice to see you were able to reuse part of pixelmap too.

Congratulations!  :cool:

Biterider

HSE

Thanks Biterider!!

Quote from: Biterider on July 08, 2022, 06:37:53 AM
It took you a lot of work

Yes, took years to develop 32 bits code, and took long time to develop the macros that transform 32 bits code in dual bitness code. But now the transformation is very fast  :biggrin:

Quote from: Biterider on July 08, 2022, 06:37:53 AM
Nice to see you were able to reuse part of pixelmap too.

A bigger part of Pixelmap can be used. The problem with objects is that all methods go to binary, even if not used. Then I limited what I take. Same problem with my Graphic1 object, then for this test I erased not used things  :biggrin:

If size can be controled in a conditional way, a basic Pixelmap could contain methods that don't need Win functions. Other methods could go to a descendent PixelmapWin. Perhaps a PixelMapUEFI could contain methods similar to Win methods but specific for UEFI.

HSE