Author Topic: Anyone want to eat insects?  (Read 1878 times)

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
Re: Anyone want to eat insects?
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2022, 06:15:54 PM »
Its my view that the French had the right idea of elitist power, separate their heads from the bodies, more phun for the crowds to watch.  :biggrin:

Bullet holes in tractors tells you the story, these bastards were shooting at hungry and dispossessed farmers. These guys are fighting for their survival against some cock and bull story of fertiliser use, perhaps the right approach for the farmers is to cut production of food. We have already seen what the effect is of the Russians cutting energy supplies.

I don't understand the electon system in the Netherlands but if you piss off enough people, they tend to stop supporting a government that underperforms. We have just had that in OZ and got rid of a clapped out conservative government. The final wreckage you can do with a politician is to R_SOUL them, far better than the old eastern European system of assassinating them. They linger in misery, haunted by the loss of power until their demise.

Doris Bronson has just sobbed his swan song.  :tongue:
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :skrewy:

caballero

• Matrix - Noah
    • abre ojos ensamblador
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2022, 07:06:32 PM »
The goal is often confused with the method to achieve it. The objective is the maximum benefit for the people and democracy is a method to achieve it.

If we assume, consciously or unconsciously, that the objective is democracy, in reality it does not matter what quality it is, because we already have the objective achieved.

Democracy is not a recent invention, but it already existed in ancient Greece and it failed, Plato had a very bad idea of it.

The ideal would be for the most qualified to be in government, but the truth is that the least qualified but most demagogues and unscrupulous tend to come to it.

When, in order to gain power or remain in it, we do things that are harmful to the well-being of the people, such as distributing unjustified subsidies that are not affordable for the public coffers, we will be in a democracy, but increasingly distant from the needs of the people.
The logic of the error is hidden among the most unexpected lines of the program

hutch--

• Administrator
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2022, 07:47:11 PM »
The problem as I see it is there are democracies and there are democracies and there can be a lot of difference between them. The type you need to be wary about is elitism masquerading as democracy, you have the right to vote but you must vote or the best funded parties as they can swamp main stream media with election propaganda.

The other has something to do with people and what they want like something to eat, somewhere to live and reasonable security, something that the elitism model does not give them.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 09:12:45 PM by hutch-- »
hutch at movsd dot com

caballero

• Matrix - Noah
    • abre ojos ensamblador
The logic of the error is hidden among the most unexpected lines of the program

quarantined

« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2022, 06:55:30 AM »
I don't necessarily want to but I routinely eat insects bugs. Usually during my first couple runs of a piece of new code that I'm working on.  :rolleyes:

NoCforMe

« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2022, 07:20:17 AM »
Hmm, sounds even less appetizing in Spanish: "las patitas de las cucarachas".

hutch--

• Administrator
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2022, 05:11:40 PM »
Its all in the marketting, boil up (or down) the cockroaches, grind the results into powder, supply it as an industrial resource and sell it to the fake food vendors. Of course give it a fancy name that will make it acceptable to the ordinary masses and tell them all sorts of stories about how healthy it is and someone could make it in the big time.

Now once the masses get used to eating reprocessed cockroaches, you could start on grasshoppers, set up a new trading technique for those folks who live in locust infected areas, invest in some decent catching methods and you would have a resource measurable in many tons that would also belp out the locust effected areas by reducing the crop damage.

All it takes is some shifty bastard who know how to market new and exciting foodstuffs and someone could end up making big bucks out of it.  :tongue:
hutch at movsd dot com

jj2007

• Assembly is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2022, 07:23:02 PM »
Its all in the marketting, boil up (or down) the cockroaches

Pleazzze, not the cockroaches! They look too human for my taste :cool: