Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Space in filepath passing to debugger's argument causes "File not found"

Started by sonix, October 30, 2023, 04:12:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonix

Hi Ramon,

I have moved my EasyCode projects to another disk and the path now contains spaces. The project file itself is OK, but if I start debugger I get warning from debugger that "File not found". I have traced it to that point that the argument which is passed to the debugger is parsed at first space which causes the error.

Could you please add surrounding quotes to string which is passed as an argument from EasyCode to debugger?

Thanks in advance

I use latest EC version 2.02.0.0044

rsala

Hi sonix,

I am afraid I cannot do that since it is the debugger which expects the arguments to be separated by spaces. However I will see if I can do something about it, but please give me some time since I am not at home for a few days.

Regards!
EC coder

sonix

Hi Ramon,

thanks for your reply. I use gobug v2, ollydbg v1 and x64dbg as debuggers. All behave the same way. Without the surrounding quotes it displays error message about non existing file. If I pass to them argument with path to exe file which includes spaces and it has surrounding quotes it opens the file correctly. Therefore I suggested to use quotes to argument with filepath to exe passed from EasyCode to debugger.

Thanks

Best regards
sonix

rsala

Hi sonix,

I added surrounding quotes to the path passed as an argument to debugger, however this issue has been fixed in the new  Easy Code version 2.02.0.0045. Please download it at:

http://www.easycode.cat/English/Download.htm

Best regards,

Ramon
EC coder

sonix

Hi Ramon,

excellent :thumbsup: Thank you very much for the quick fix. Now it is functional :eusa_clap:

I would like to thank you for the great Easy Code project which is my favorite IDE for asm projects since 2013.

Have a nice day :smiley:

Best regards
sonix

sonix

Hi Ramon,

there is something wrong with language file reading. I get this error (attached) on both replaced EXEs. All files and folders within Easy Code folder are the same as before I replaced the EXEs.

Could you please check it?

Thanks

Best regards
sonix

rsala

Hi sonix,

I am really sorry, I completely forgot to send you the language files. However this issue has ben fixed in the new Easy Code version 2.02.0.0045. Please download it at:

http://www.easycode.cat/English/Download.htm

Thanks for your help and for your kind words about Easy Code!

Best regards,

Ramon
EC coder

sonix

Hi Ramon,

after replacement of language files the error message is gone :thumbsup:

Thank you very much for you help and support.

Best regards
sonix

rsala

EC coder