Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

RadASM v2.2.1.2 for Masm32 test for chinese

Started by learn64bit, August 06, 2022, 03:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

learn64bit

jj2007

It can flawlessly open Utf-8 and Utf-16 docs, fine, but where is the build button, and why does it need 752,128 bytes for its limited functionality?

zedd151

Hmmm. This looks suspiciously like Notepad, which is available already on every version of Microsoft Windows. :eusa_naughty:
Do you have source code for this? I'd like to learn about printing in this type of program, and Structured Exception Handling as well.

:badgrin:

jj2007

Can't be, C:\Windows\System32\notepad.exe has only 179,712 bytes on my Win7-64 machine.

zedd151

Quote from: jj2007 on October 04, 2022, 10:30:25 PM
Can't be, C:\Windows\System32\notepad.exe has only 179,712 bytes on my Win7-64 machine.
Not going to argue but just saying...

The size of the resources section is making this program bloated. I would bet that the actual code size for this and notepad are strikingly similar. I dont know the version of Windows that it (notepad.exe) is from though...
I dare the author of this thread to prove otherwise.

The very first word in the original post is "Tampering". I believe that is the case here, rather than actually writing any assembly code into a proper source file then assembling & linking it. But this is just my opinion on this matter. Without any source code what else to believe?

learn64bit

Another Tampering:
Fixed a dead loop at "new file/close(quit app)" when make a change and not save it. And change filesize limit to 64 MB

jj2007

Quote from: zedd151 on October 04, 2022, 11:06:56 PMThe very first word in the original post is "Tampering". I believe that is the case here, rather than actually writing any assembly code into a proper source file then assembling & linking it. But this is just my opinion on this matter. Without any source code what else to believe?

Found a reason for the 700+kB: two identical icons named 1.ico and 6.ico

TimoVJL

Quote from: zedd151 on October 04, 2022, 11:06:56 PM
The size of the resources section is making this program bloated. I would bet that the actual code size for this and notepad are strikingly similar. I dont know the version of Windows that it (notepad.exe) is from though...
I dare the author of this thread to prove otherwise.

.text
ECPad
pFile Data Description Value
000001F0 00008000 Size Of RawData 32768

notepad
pFile Data Description Value
000001E0 0000A800 Size Of RawData 43008
May the source be with you

zedd151

Jj and Timo, there are many versions of notepad.exe from different OS's and different regional versions of those OS's as well.
I stand by what I said. Without source code, questions still remain.

Examining notepad.exe from windows xp, windows 7 and windows 10 in ollydbg and comparing to the exe here does not change my view. Maybe someone should send these ECpad files to Microsoft for their analysis...

@ learn64bit: Please explain what you are doing. Post the source code so you can prove me wrong. Or even what link options are you using? The executable you posted requires specific options for linking.
If I am right, which version of Windows are you running?

edited for clarity

zedd151

I have asked hutch (in a PM) to look into this, to help settle this matter.

hutch--

You may think my view is strange but we don't need to be internet vigilantees. It sounds like he is playing with one of his system binaries and while Microsoft may frown on the idea, it is in fact harmless. What I will stop is cracks, hacks and any other instructional postings that involve illegal conduct.

If you want to be the "l3Et0" hacker, get a HEX editor.  :tongue:

zedd151

Okay then that settles it. Your word is obviously final, hutch. I have nothing further to say in this matter. But the OP should state that this is a modified system binary, else it looks as if he is representing it as his own creation - which would be plagiarism.

@learn64bit.... carry on.  :biggrin:  and sorry for the scrutiny. I didn't know that this sort of thing was allowed here.  :undecided:  (confused)

learn64bit

Fixed the loog typo. And try to add FindTheUncompitableLine

learn64bit

For better machines, 64 bit and 3 GB limit
I guess my AMD E1-2100 will take years to open a 3 GB file. Anyway maybe your machine is really far more better than mine.