Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Looking for a file, but FindFile is strange

Started by learn64bit, August 07, 2022, 07:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hutch--

Yes, and No.

You assume you are in a position to determine policy here, you are not.

NoCforMe

Look, all I did was make a suggestion. Are you so thin-skinned that nobody may even make a suggestion here? Do you know the difference between a suggestion and a demand? My suggestion was made politely. If everyone chooses to not follow it, fine. I really don't understand your problem here.
Assembly language programming should be fun. That's why I do it.

hutch--

David,

You need to grasp that I have to manage a balancing act here to try and keep everybody happy and it does not happen via anyone who wants to tell other people how they should act. As a matter of fact, I am not thin skinned, I put up with a mountain of chyte on a regular basis from people who think they are in a position to dictate to others. This discourse is heading for the scrap heap and to keep the peace and balance between members, it will stay that way.

NoCforMe

Well, I still think it was a good suggestion; people who object to JJ's posting MasmBasic would have nothing more to complain about, no n00bs would be confused, and JJ would still post MasmBasic stuff elsewhere. (I have no objections to MasmBasic myself, btw: I think it's a great tool. Just not for me.)

Anyhow. Back to this strange file-system stuff ...
Assembly language programming should be fun. That's why I do it.

jj2007

Let's calm down a bit, we are a few exotic animals in the programming world, and it makes no sense to fight among us.

I will keep MasmBasic out of the Campus, and reduce it elsewhere. Sometimes I just don't find the energy to cook up a pure Masm32 SDK example for explaining simple stuff, so bear with me... it's old age.

For those who find it difficult to open *.asc files, here is a tiny rtf reader. Guess what? There is even the complete source, in plain ASM, and it's the purest Masm32 SDK code you can imagine. The executable is 7,168 bytes.