Message to All Guests

Main Menu

ASM Notepad

Started by absolutzero, September 02, 2022, 02:56:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

absolutzero

Primitive east european text editor programmed in Assembler:

https://www.asmprogs.sk/ASMNotepad1136.rar

Features are in Help file. This is demo only, so it has no very much of functions.

zedd151

That's a nice little text editor. Thanks for sharing.  :thup:
Are you going to share the source code as well?

edited to add:
It's nice that you included the option to change text and background colors. That in itself sets it apart from a simple 'notepad'.

Vortex

Hi Gabriel,

Nice work. A question, how do you terminate the Type File process? This is important if you supply large files to the editor.

jj2007

Nice work :thumbsup:

The statusbar flickers between INS and NUM, otherwise no problems found.

absolutzero

Quote from: Vortex on September 02, 2022, 03:20:54 AM
Hi Gabriel,

Nice work. A question, how do you terminate the Type File process? This is important if you supply large files to the editor.

Hi. Thank you. Process is terminated with last character of file. You know, I believe in humanity. I believe, that no one is so stupit, that he will try to load 100 MB file for typeing. But, maybe I will implement some warning before loading big files, or some choice for terminate this process.

absolutzero

Quote from: jj2007 on September 02, 2022, 03:56:23 AM
Nice work :thumbsup:

The statusbar flickers between INS and NUM, otherwise no problems found.

Thank you. This is primitive text editor, so sorry. But I am developing advanced primitive text editor ASM Notepad 2 with no statusbar flickering. And maybe with no flickering at all.

absolutzero

The MASM32 Licence: "The MASM32 project cannot be used to create open source software."

Thank you, but implementing choice to change colors was quite simple.

hutch--

absolutzero,

The licence is simple, YOU own the licence to your software, not some organisation. The licence ensures that noone can give the MASM32 SDK to an open source organisation. You can sell your software, give it away or post it for download.  :biggrin:

absolutzero

Quote from: hutch-- on September 02, 2022, 07:31:49 PM
absolutzero,

The licence is simple, YOU own the licence to your software, not some organisation. The licence ensures that noone can give the MASM32 SDK to an open source organisation. You can sell your software, give it away or post it for download.  :biggrin:

Maybe you are right  :biggrin:, but this is demo of developed more advanced editor, which i want to be commercial. So for now i dont want to share source codes. But if my plans will crash, what can be real, because whole Slovakia is before crash, i will share source codes of course.