Author Topic: Interesting analysis from the UK, bye bye WEF  (Read 458 times)

NoCforMe

Re: Interesting analysis from the UK, bye bye WEF
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2022, 06:58:42 PM »
The ideas spread by the WEF are very much to the liking of some people on the left [...]

There, fixed that for you.

jj2007

• Assembly is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2022, 07:07:25 PM »
mega-corporation Monsanto-owned Roundup-ready proprietary seed that the farmer cannot replant

I see the problem, and I'm not a fan of Monsanto, but which World is better?
a) farmer owns his seed, and earns (one ton per hectare)*500€=500€
b) Monsanto owns the seed, farmer earns (two tons per hectare)*500€-200€ Monsanto fee=800€

Similar logic applies to many things, e.g. all medicines. There is a reason why patents exist: they allow to invest Billions in research that otherwise simply wouldn't happen at all. And I am absolutely in favour of controlling the excesses and side effects of this.

Show me a better solution, and I will publicly declare that patents are s*t :cool:
Masm32 Tips, Tricks and Traps

Some members can't live without insulting others. It tells us a lot about them.

NoCforMe

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2022, 07:22:23 PM »
Let me throw another monkeywrench into your well-thought-out technocratic scheme and see how it fares:

Overpopulation

Deal with that one. Nobody else is.

jj2007

• Assembly is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2022, 09:11:45 PM »
Let me throw another monkeywrench into your well-thought-out technocratic scheme and see how it fares:

Overpopulation

Deal with that one. Nobody else is.

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

According to most experts, the peak will be reached in about two or three decades from now, thanks to late effects of China's one child policy, India's slowly growing wealth, and other factors.

I like blaming the catholic church for all evils of the planet, but overpopulation is not their fault. If daddy thinks he has enough children, he will buy condoms and ignore what the Pope has to say. The problem is that daddy's children serve to a) work in the fields and b) sustain mom and daddy when they are too old to care for themselves. So the obvious solution would be to a) force all children to go to school and b) install a pension scheme.

Your turn.
Masm32 Tips, Tricks and Traps

Some members can't live without insulting others. It tells us a lot about them.

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2022, 09:32:44 PM »
My response to a WEF style world is that by taking ownership away from people, you take away their individual creativity. The old (pre ww2) soviet forced collectives onto an unwilling population and they went hungry. The old motivation of making a buck (rouble, shekel, dinar etc ...) has always worked at the individual level, feed the family, pay the bills and allow individual choice on where resource is pointed.

Some may want to spend on exotic food, others may want to own a fancy car, others may want to have bigger families and the list goes on and on.

I am a lasseiz faire capitalist, a world of butchers, bakers and candlestick makers, own what you earn and spend it on what you choose, what I object to is some anonymous public servant telling you how you will live, what you can own and what you can spend. Almost exclusively, such a nanny state gets it wrong.
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :skrewy: