Author Topic: Video just for Who ?  (Read 2062 times)

caballero

• Matrix - Noah
    • abre ojos ensamblador
Re: Video just for Jose
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2022, 06:58:07 AM »
> ...and thinks that Putin is a communist
@José, you have intentionally misunderstood. The problem is that you seem to be longing for the old communist days of Putin. Perhaps it is what you does not forgive him.
The logic of the error is hidden among the most unexpected lines of the program

caballero

• Matrix - Noah
    • abre ojos ensamblador
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2022, 07:02:05 AM »
> because that compiler passed away

Are you not able to contribute with something in another language? JJ would blame you if you weren't at the J&J party.

zedd151

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2022, 07:05:34 AM »
Bob Zale passed away. PowerBasic is still being maintained last time I checked.
Nugget and Gypsy Youtube channel. New videos twice a week or so. If you like the videos, please subscribe and comment.  :biggrin:

jj2007

• Assembly is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2022, 07:12:54 AM »
> because that compiler passed away

Are you not able to contribute with something in another language? JJ would blame you if you weren't at the J&J party.

I have a deep respect for José Roca because his site contributed an awful lot to my programming Windows functions in Assembly (for example: Gdi+). There is no "J&J party", and I do not always share his opinions. But I respect his opinion. Respecting the opinions of others is for me an essential element of democracy, and it makes me sad that some members here indulge in personal attacks.

Bob Zale passed away. PowerBasic is still being maintained last time I checked.

PowerBasic still exists, but Bob was an Assembly programmer. Without him, "power without the bloat" is no more the motto of the company, unfortunately :sad:

zedd151

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2022, 07:22:37 AM »
@jj
Hutch talks very highly about PowerBasic, and I always wanted to try it. Unfortunately always outside of my budget and no trial or free version. As far as bloat, probably the case now. So maybe RIP is in order then for PowerBasic at some time in the near future.  :sad:
Nugget and Gypsy Youtube channel. New videos twice a week or so. If you like the videos, please subscribe and comment.  :biggrin:

caballero

• Matrix - Noah
    • abre ojos ensamblador
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2022, 07:32:23 AM »
> Respecting the opinions of others is for me an essential element of democracy, and it makes me sad that some members here indulge in personal attacks.

@JJ. Are you really going to force me to search the forum for the personal attacks you made on those who did not share your opinion?

> Yes, I contribute to FreeBasic

I am waiting anxiously. I don't know if Hutch would mind if anyone add something in freebasic here. For my part, all good code is valuable. I myself put some code here in freebasic some time ago.

jj2007

• Assembly is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2022, 07:35:33 AM »
@JJ. Are you really going to force me to search the forum for the personal attacks you made on those who did not share your opinion?

No, I won't force you, caballero, but please post some links where I made personal attacks on somebody. I am so curious :thumbsup:

@jj
Hutch talks very highly about PowerBasic, and I always wanted to try it. Unfortunately always outside of my budget and no trial or free version. As far as bloat, probably the case now. So maybe RIP is in order then for PowerBasic at some time in the near future.  :sad:

A long time ago I bought a license. I was looking for a replacement for GfaBasic for Windows, a great dialect but 16-bit only. I tried hard with PB but simply could not fall in love with its syntax. So I started MasmBasic...

jj2007

• Assembly is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic

caballero

• Matrix - Noah
    • abre ojos ensamblador
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2022, 08:52:33 AM »
Aha, so, what is exactly the time you will start to code something useful here?

NoCforMe

« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2022, 08:56:55 AM »
I've run across lots of your postings, José, looking for answers to Win32 questions, in your "berater" forum. Useful stuff. I did wonder, though, just exactly what "berater" meant in that context (the word in English means "someone who berates", meaning someone who puts someone else down). Maybe it's not English?

jj2007

• Assembly is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2022, 08:59:38 AM »
Berater is German and means "counselor" or "consultant". I've also always wondered what's the origin of that German word on José's site...

TimoVJL

« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2022, 09:04:49 AM »
DeepL gives many synonums.
May the source be with you

jj2007

• Assembly is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2022, 10:31:41 AM »
Putin was not afraid of NATO, but of democracy. Democracy is contagious and what Putin fears most is not being able to continue being a dictator.

While the U.S. have never been invaded by a foreign power (Pearl Harbour doesn't count, it's a joke in comparison), Russia was invaded by Charles of Sweden, Napoleon and Hitler. In the latter invasion, Millions of Russians lost their lives. The Leningrad siege alone killed 400,000 children.

Against this background, and against the history of NATO enlargement, you may understand (or not?) that the idea of Ukraine joining the NATO was never particularly popular with the Russian people, Putin included:

21 years ago, Putin gave a remarkable speech at the Bundestag, the German parliament. The essence: Russia and Europe should work towards peaceful coexistence, despite the trauma of the past.

Now there are two possible hypotheses:
1. He meant what he said.
2. He planned already in 2001 to conquer Europe.

Since I can't read Putin's mind, I don't really have an answer to this. I do like hard facts, though:

In 2021, Russia spent around $66 billion on its military. NATO’s European members alone spent more than four times that. The United States spent more than eleven times that much ($801 billion)

How plausible is the thesis that Putin wants to invade Europe?

Btw I don't share your idea that Putin fears most not being able to continue being a dictator. He had, and still has, an overwhelming majority of supporters in Russia. He is an elected dictator and oligarch. I wish that he be held responsible for the war crimes committed in Ukraine at The Hague, but I also wish to see next to him those who provoked this war by laughing in his face when he asked for a guarantee that Ukraine would not join the NATO about one year ago.

jj2007

• Assembly is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2022, 11:43:25 AM »
Putin makes propaganda, that is no surprise, and his Nazi accusations are greatly exaggerated. However, this OSCE report says that Ukrainian forces tortured people in Donbass around 8 years ago, about the time when an elected President of Ukraine was sent to Russia, certain people created havoc at the Maidan place, Hunter Biden made big business in Ukraine, and Victoria Nuland said f*ck the EU :cool:

Get used to it: There is no such thing like "friendship" between nations. The U.S. are our ally, and if it's in their interest, they'll tap Angela Merkel's phone (with a broad smile), or blow up a pipeline without asking who is the owner :cool:

NoCforMe

« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2022, 12:01:51 PM »
Throw this into the mix: https://news.antiwar.com/2022/10/05/report-us-intelligence-believes-ukraine-was-behind-killing-of-darya-dugina/

Regarding Russia being threatened by NATO, don't forget that the Soviets were promised (though never formally in writing, unfortunately) that NATO would not move one inch closer to them, a promise made remarkable by its breach. So they have ever reason to distrust "the West". You could look it up.