Author Topic: my editor project  (Read 6373 times)

zedd151

Re: my editor project
« Reply #195 on: November 12, 2022, 11:54:38 AM »
Regarding my comments from reply #194, I have a couple different methods for generating the plugin menu from the ini file and a couple of methods to store the plugin information in the ini file. Once I have a better combination that works without flaws or caveats I will post that code as well as the resulting executable for testing. Sorry about accidentally including an unfinished version 19 to anyone who had downloaded it. It indeed has a bug. Will post a working example some time in the future. The work being done at the time (v. 19) was trying to make it as easy as possible to install plugins for the editor, without having to manually write to the ini file. So bear with me for a short time...
Regards, zedd.
:tongue:

zedd151

Re: my editor - tentative plugin install solution...
« Reply #196 on: November 14, 2022, 10:03:56 AM »
After trying out a few methods, it occurred to me that perhaps using the .dll name as a plugin menu name initially - upon searching for unreferenced (not listed in .ini file already) plugins in the plugin folder could be a viable option. This would do two things...
1. Automatically install the plugin.
2. Already have a 'placeholder' temporary plugin name for the menu item corresponding to the new plugin.

The user can always specify another name by editing the ini file; would need to add a function to edit the ini file.
Not working on it at the moment but still thinking about possible better ways to implement the 'automatic' installation of qeditor compatible plugins.
Another option is to have a separate plugin interface specifically for this editor which would export the actual plugin procedure names, contrary to the way that qeditor plugins are called (each plugin would have a unique procedure name - qeditor plugins have only one of two names exported which in turn call the plugin function)
I would have to run some tests to see if this would be practical to do, or find a different method of extracting the plugin function name.
Regards, zedd.

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #197 on: November 14, 2022, 11:32:34 AM »
Z,

Its a reasonably straight forward task, the logic is "If exist plugin, load plugin". You could do a dynamic menu that loads each plugin. Multiple way to do it. Your INI file can have a list that the editor loads at start AND puts them into a menu so each plugin is one click away as each one is just a DLL that you load dynamically with LoadLibrary(), GetProcAddress().
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :skrewy:

zedd151

« Reply #198 on: December 13, 2022, 09:32:03 AM »
This project has been abandoned. I may or may not return to it in the future. I have a new editor project Here, that is a simpler design.
Regards, zedd.