Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Playing with MASM32 SDK ... in the phone

Started by HSE, October 25, 2023, 07:42:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HSE

Hi all!

Take me some time to finally run MASM32 SDK in the phone.

That is installing a chopped Win XP in lBochs app (just some weeks ago I learned that was not named iBochs  :biggrin:  :biggrin: so little fonts).

Obviously eveything is incredible slow and small, but is posible to build some little programs  :thumbsup:

Regards, HSE.

Equations in Assembly: SmplMath

NoCforMe

This is on Android? IOS? And how does that work, running a (Win32, right?) application on a phone OS? Do you use some kind of cross-compiler?

Not that I'll ever want to do this, but I am curious.
Assembly language programming should be fun. That's why I do it.

HSE

Hi NoC,

Quote from: NoCforMe on October 25, 2023, 08:21:09 AMThis is on Android?

Exactly

Quote from: NoCforMe on October 25, 2023, 08:21:09 AMAnd how does that work, running a (Win32, right?) application on a phone OS?

This run Win32 OS inside Android. Then the application run in Win32 like usual.

Quote from: NoCforMe on October 25, 2023, 08:21:09 AMDo you use some kind of cross-compiler?

Just ML and link (binaries in MASM32 SDK).

HSE

NoCforMe

Quote from: HSE on October 25, 2023, 09:37:01 AM
Quote from: NoCforMe on October 25, 2023, 08:21:09 AMAnd how does that work, running a (Win32, right?) application on a phone OS?

This run Win32 OS inside Android. Then the application run in Win32 like usual.

So you just load the Win32 program onto the phone and Android figures out what kind of app it is? or do you have to do something special to notify it what type of app it is?

Greenhorn

Quote from: HSE on October 25, 2023, 07:42:26 AMThat is installing a chopped Win XP in lBochs app (just some weeks ago I learned that was not named iBochs  :biggrin:  :biggrin: so little fonts).

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=lb.myapp.lbochs
Kole Feut un Nordenwind gift en krusen Büdel un en lütten Pint.

HSE

Quote from: NoCforMe on October 25, 2023, 09:55:56 AMSo you just load the Win32 program onto the phone and Android figures out what kind of app it is? or do you have to do something special to notify it what type of app it is?

You have to save Win32 program in a directory accesed by emulator. Android just know it's a file.

NoCforMe

Ah, so there's an emulator. Is this something built into Android or do you have to install it?

HSE

daydreamer

Cool Héctor  :thumbsup:
How big is your phone display?

Better suited for tablet?
my none asm creations
https://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6937.msg74303#msg74303
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding

HSE

Hi daydreamer!

Quote from: daydreamer on November 06, 2023, 07:39:23 PMHow big is your phone display?

6.1 inch

Quote from: daydreamer on November 06, 2023, 07:39:23 PMBetter suited for tablet?

My table was 7 inch. No much difference  :biggrin:

Never found original firmware to test if that is the problem. Anyway I was going to change the phone, then I bought a cheap phone with a good display.

Regards, HSE.

daydreamer

Quote from: HSE on November 06, 2023, 11:28:26 PM... Anyway I was going to change the phone, then I bought a cheap phone with a good display.
Ipad+ seem as big as modern pc monitor display
you can use a android text editor with .txt files to write code and it might be possible to run customized .bat file in Ibochs ?
customized with rename .txt to .asm files in the standard assemble/link .bat file ?
now I got curious testrun uasm inside ibochs timings vs inside PC might be good for measure performance difference ?
newest highend smartphone = it runs faster than cheap phone ?
my none asm creations
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding

HSE

Quote from: daydreamer on November 07, 2023, 10:20:14 PMyou can use a android text editor with .txt files to write code and it might be possible to run customized .bat file in Ibochs ? customized with rename .txt to .asm files in the standard assemble/link .bat file ?

In Bochs there is no problem to share directories with Android (or with Windows in PC).

Quote from: daydreamer on November 07, 2023, 10:20:14 PMnow I got curious testrun uasm inside ibochs timings vs inside PC might be good for measure performance difference ?
newest highend smartphone = it runs faster than cheap phone ?

Emulations in phone are incredible slow. DOS emulation run naturaly, but Win emulation requiere a lot of pacience :biggrin:

Also I have success setting an UEFI bios to run a 64 bit kernel  :eusa_dance: 

A lot of posibilities, but always building programs in PC: assembling in the phone is slow, and chasing bugs with Olly is just crazy.

daydreamer

Quote from: HSE on November 07, 2023, 11:37:24 PMAlso I have success setting an UEFI bios to run a 64 bit kernel  :eusa_dance: 

A lot of posibilities, but always building programs in PC: assembling in the phone is slow, and chasing bugs with Olly is just crazy.

:thumbsup:
what about get lower than 6.14 ML that can run in DOS and assemble with that instead on the phone?

maybe its enough to write some pseudocode on smartphone texteditor if you get an idea for code and start work on .asm and .inc files at PC ?
I started that way on my tablet and I have slowly learned its dictionary asm mnemonics,registers,proc,endp,.IF,.elseif,.endif,switch,case

my none asm creations
I am an Invoker
Like SIMD coding

HSE

Quote from: daydreamer on November 08, 2023, 03:11:25 AMwhat about get lower than 6.14 ML that can run in DOS and assemble with that instead on the phone?

JWasm and Tasm work perfectly in DOS. For real mode is very easy. You have to load a memory extender for JWasm in protected mode. Japhet have made an stub that allow you to run 64 bit code in DOS (if emulated machine is 64 bits, obviously) :thumbsup:

Quote from: daydreamer on November 08, 2023, 03:11:25 AMmaybe its enough to write some pseudocode on smartphone texteditor if you get an idea for code and start work on .asm and .inc files at PC ?
I started that way on my tablet and I have slowly learned its dictionary asm mnemonics,registers,proc,endp,.IF,.elseif,.endif,switch,case

Why pseudocode? Just write the code.