News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

CREATING A LISTING FILE OF THE ASSEMBLED CODE

Started by FJRusso53, December 31, 2023, 03:40:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FJRusso53

I'm using MASM32 SDK.  I would like to generate a listing of the assembled code. I have incorporated the .LISTALL inside of the code area, but on assembly no .lst file is generated.  I am assembling from inside the SDK.  I read the help files where it talks about the command line options but also states the listing is a default.  I don't see where from inside the SDK I can add or change the options, re: adding /Fl .
Appreciate any help.

Vortex

Quote/Fl⟦filename⟧    Generates an assembled code listing. See /Sf.
/Sf    Adds the first-pass listing to the listing file.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/assembler/masm/ml-and-ml64-command-line-reference?view=msvc-140

FJRusso53

Thanks, I have seen the options.  My question is how do you use these from inside the SDK?  Inside the SDK I have an Assemble and a Link button.

HSE

Apparently you are talking about an integrated development environment (IDE). The MASM32 SDK (software development kit) don't have an IDE, just a couple of editors.

What IDE do you use?
Equations in Assembly: SmplMath

FJRusso53

Below is an image of the 'ABOUT' from the IDE

HSE

Ok. That is an editor, not an IDE.

With Menu Edit > Settings > Edit Menus you can see where are several batch files.

You can see that "Assemble ASM file" call "\masm32\bin\assmbl.bat"

Modify command line options in that file  :thumbsup:

for example:
rem \masm32\bin\ml /c /coff %1.asm
\masm32\bin\ml /c /coff /Fl%1.lst /Sa %1.asm

Equations in Assembly: SmplMath

FJRusso53

Thanks, :thumbsup:  that did it.  :eusa_dance:  FYI, there is an assembl.bat file in the masm32.bin directory.  This is where I had to make the change.

Appreciate your time and patients.
 :greenclp: