Author Topic: The solution to gun violence in schools.  (Read 27995 times)

K_F

• Anybody out there?
Re: The solution to gun violence in schools.
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2013, 11:47:05 AM »
Let's just move away from weapons altogether..... nothing remotely explosive ?

Just like the home I live in - No Guns, NO weapons on any sort.
I've lived in the most crime-violent country longer than most of you have been alive, yet I do not have any weapons
My children are .. non-violent, we are the same.. and have never... NEVER had a robbery or brake-in.
Why.. We use our brains and do not provide any incentive for criminal activities.

You think about it
 ;)

'Sire, Sire!... the peasants are Revolting !!!'
'Yes, they are.. aren't they....'

Magnum

« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2013, 02:47:33 PM »
Most of the time the biggest weapon is our thoughts and what comes out of our mouths.

"But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison."
Take care,
                   Andy

Ubuntu-mate-18.04-desktop-amd64

http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org

MichaelW

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2013, 02:56:21 PM »
I am not against guns, how many times must I say it? But they are way too easy for anyone, I say anyone, to get hold of here in the states. In Pennsylvania you as a private gun owner can get a permit to sale your guns at a gun show to anyone with no check of the buyer’s background. What type of guns you offer up for sale doesn’t matter. I’ve been to gun shows here in PA and know this as the truth.

This is a distortion. The type of gun does matter. For guns of the machine gun class federal law imposes a substantial set of requirements, including a background check, and severe criminal penalties for going around these requirements. This is the third go around for this distortion, and the second time I have pointed it out.

And you obviously are against guns, just not against guns of the type that you own and use.

And regarding gun shows, let me ask you a question that I have asked once before so I can watch it bounce off of you, again. For the purposes of gun control, which is better, that the transactions be concentrated in public events where they can be monitored and if necessary controlled, or done in private were they cannot be monitored or controlled in any way?

If there really is a God he must be pissed off at us Americans for letting slaughters such as the Sandy Hook event to happen and to then do nothing to stop it from happening again.

Demonstrate to me, through logical argument, how your “strict gun control” would have prevented the Sandy Hook School tragedy.
Well Microsoft, here’s another nice mess you’ve gotten us into.

MichaelW

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2013, 05:48:32 PM »
Some of you are not convinced that America is nuts when it comes to guns?

It should surprise no one that the NRA has recently thrown its weight behind an industry campaign to deregulate and promote the use of silencers. Under the trade banner of the American Silencer Association, manufacturers have come together with the support of the NRA to rebrand the silencer as a “safety device” belonging in every all-American gun closet.

Silencers: The NRA’s latest big lie

If these crazies get their way the commonplace slaughter here in the U.S. will be done silently. Bang, bang, bang, bang. . .oops no what I mean is, thup, thup, thup, thup!!

The Salon article starts out with an “exercise” involving assault rifles, and goes on to state that the silencer muffles the noise generated by sonic booms and gas release. This is a distortion. The silencer cannot muffle noise generated by sonic booms beyond the silencer. The two most common assault rifles have muzzle velocities well beyond (a minimum of ~2x) the speed of sound, so they cannot be silenced to anything resembling “thup”. And it’s not unusual for handguns to have muzzle velocities above the speed of sound, for example the common 9mm Parabellum.
Well Microsoft, here’s another nice mess you’ve gotten us into.

Magnum

« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2013, 06:41:48 PM »
Just think about someone baiting you into an argument.

You may be unknowingly being a patsy.

"Whenever you hear something, always consider the source." 

John H. -- Manager of a former Weiners store
Take care,
                   Andy

Ubuntu-mate-18.04-desktop-amd64

http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org

xanatose

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2013, 05:44:37 PM »
How about instead of taking away honest people means of self defense. We train people in the proper use of guns.  Instead of the mentality of "protecting" the victims. How about the mentality making sure people do not become victims. And the only feasible way to do so is by enabling people to protect themselves. Not by disarming them and then let only government and criminals have access to guns.

Only a fool or a person with an agenda would support a monopoly of violence on part of government and criminals. Thats what gun control is.  The gun grabbers always fail to mention:
- All shootings occurred on "GUN FREE ZONES".
- The activity that the shooter incur in was illegal. Thus a new law will not be a deterrent.
- Governments have a history of genocide that far exceeds that of ANY other human institution, including religion.  Why gun grabbers never talk about disarming government?
- Once the citizens have no way to defend themselves, they will be at the mercy of government.
- News only report massacres but fail to report when a gun owner stopped a crime.
- Google "FAST AND FURIOUS" and you will see our government has plans to demonize the 2nd amendment.  They want us defenseless.
- In places like Mexico, where they have gun control, Drug Gangs rule.

Again, only a fool or a person with an agenda would support monopoly of violence on part of government.

I seriously need to place a sign like this in my yard:

K_F

• Anybody out there?
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2013, 07:38:01 PM »
Funny picture... :biggrin:

BUT.. that might just backfire on that person, advertising like that - what a fool.

Petty crime might hit his next door neighbour, but the big guns will visit his house to 'borrow his guns', for their next crime.
Unless he's 'patrolling' 24/7/365 which is impossible to do, he and his family might be next on the stats listing.

:icon_rolleyes:
'Sire, Sire!... the peasants are Revolting !!!'
'Yes, they are.. aren't they....'

sinsi

« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2013, 07:53:47 PM »
the ability for the masses to own a variety of guns is the only system of checks and balances against tyrany
I've been keeping away from both threads because I can't understand why you would want a (personal) gun, but this statement just fries my brain.

I know two people who own guns, my policeman uncle (for his job) and a farmer friend (for putting down animals).
I sort of get the argument that 'the robber has a gun, so I should too' but you guys really seem to take it to the extreme.

One infographic they showed here is that the US has more guns than cars  :dazzled:

dedndave

• Still using Abacus 2.0
    • DednDave
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2013, 08:01:20 PM »
One infographic they showed here is that the US has more guns than cars

can't imagine that being true if you don't count military and police - lol

my statement stems from the fact that our government, mainly law-enforcement, are armed to the teeth
they have enough shit to take on china, all for the purpose of internal police-actions - lol

maybe they can foresee the impending anarchy from all their crooked money-hoarding
they are afraid that, if the public is armed, they won't be able to hold onto their precious ill-gotten booty

the duty of a government is to protect the civilian masses,
not muscle them into a state of slavery

dedndave

• Still using Abacus 2.0
    • DednDave
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2013, 08:30:09 PM »
some people will believe anything they read - lol
they pull all those numbers straight out of their ass
they are clearly tilted in a direction that sensationalizes the article

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2013, 08:32:49 PM »
I am pretty much of the view that private gun ownership is a disincentive to violent break ins to private residences. The real win is if the phenomenon is common enough, criminals have no way of knowing who owns a gun and who does not and that makes it risky for them to randomly pick a house to rob or murder the occupants. In days of old, a farm at least had a shotgun hanging around and in the post war era it was very common for ex servicemen to own a 303 rifle and in many cases they knew how to use them properly.

In that world before the gun grabbers got their way, most people were safer and had no need to ever own a gun. What we are seeing here in OZ after more than 10 years of supression of firearm ownership is a rise in the number of illegal hand guns, criminals have no problems getting them, police and similar law enforcement folks are armed and a new phenomenon is young kids are buying illegal hand guns. While the responsible people are treated like criminals and demonised for wanting or needing a gun, the illegal market is flourishing and its not just hand guns, terrorism is alive and well in OZ and while the federal police have so far kept a lid on it and found most of the armed caches that belong to terrorist groups, there is some truly exotic stuff coming into the country judging from the occasional seizures that make the news.

Think of a world where the idiot fringe have RPGs, heavy calibre machine guns (not just toys like Uzzis), high end assault rifles, specilised sniper rifles and you get the idea of why it was so stupid to change the distribution of guns post ww2.

We can thank the gun grabber for all of this, they happily disarm sensible people but are powerless against the criminal and terrorist element. One can only wonder if its only a matter of time before the kids who can get guns start to have gun battles in the streets. Here is a link to show the joys of kids with guns obtained illegally.

Shooting death of Lewis McPherson sparks warning of teenage gun use
http://www.news.com.au/national/shooting-sparks-warning-of-teenage-gun-use/story-fncynjr2-1226546761120
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 01:04:00 AM by hutch-- »
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :skrewy:

sinsi

« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2013, 08:45:21 PM »
The criminal will just carry a gun.

jj2007

• Assembler is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2013, 09:03:30 PM »
the Swiss for example have a high ratio of assault weapon ownership yet you don't hear of mass shooting in Switzerland all that often if ever.

A gunman has opened fire in a village in Switzerland, killing three people and wounding two others

According to other sources, he legally owned these guns, like all the mass murderers in the "WANTED" part of Sinsi's link except the guy in the lower right corner.

nidud

• https://github.com/nidud/asmc
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2013, 11:49:00 PM »
deleted
« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 05:52:29 AM by nidud »