News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests
NB: Posting URL's See here: Posted URL Change

Main Menu

LookingFor: A Masm64 tool to find strings in files.

Started by HSE, May 01, 2024, 01:10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HSE

Hi greenozon!

Quote from: greenozon on July 07, 2024, 06:39:09 PMIf during active Find operation you click for example Help button the debugger reports some heap corruption cases, eg:

:thumbsup: Fantastic. There was a problem in that situation. Solved.

Quote from: greenozon on July 07, 2024, 06:38:28 PMthere are some handles leakage when you run then stop then run again -> it is only increasing (sometimes -1)

I found at least some of them  :thumbsup:

Updated in first post.

Thanks, HSE.

Equations in Assembly: SmplMath

greenozon

Thanks a lot HSE!
I start to love this small tiny piece of mastership!
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

HSE

Hi greenozon!

Quote from: greenozon on July 10, 2024, 05:23:43 PMI start to love this small tiny piece of mastership!

Your tests and reports made a great contribution. Thanks to you  :thumbsup:

HSE

HSE

Hi all!

The return value from BMSearch was missing when file size is 0, then there were false positives. 

Updated in first post.

HSE

HSE

Hi all!!

Take a while to find how subclass the edit inside the combobox, but finally is so easy  :biggrin:
Then now search also can begin pressing return key in any edit.

Using OA_Tool (after a little addition) I cleaned not used local variables and unnecessary register preservations. Some ANNOTATIONs, beside to allow source code analysis by the tool, help to understand why some procedures don't need to preserve registers and where they are preserved.

Updated in first post.

HSE

Biterider

Quote from: HSE on July 28, 2024, 08:40:55 AMUsing OA_Tool (after a little addition) I cleaned not used local variables and unnecessary register preservations. Some ANNOTATIONs, beside to allow source code analysis by the tool, help to understand why some procedures don't need to preserve registers and where they are preserved.
Cool, really cool  :thumbsup:

Biterider

Biterider

Hi HSE
I have a feature request  :cool:
Pressing the '-' button brings up a message box saying 'Target not found'. To close it, pressing <ESC> quits the application, which is a bit odd. Perhaps it would be better to press <ESC> twice. The first closes the popup and the second closes the application.

I noticed that pressing <ESC> does not close the About dialogue box, which should be consistent with the behaviour with the rest of the application.

Biterider

HSE

Hi Biterider

Very interesting. I will see  :thumbsup:

Meanwhile close messages with <ENTER>, like I do  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

So far <ESC> work like you suggest when file in the list is open, because I close qEditor with <ESC>.

Thanks, HSE

HSE

Biterider

Hi HSE
It works perfectly  :biggrin:
Congrats  :thumbsup:

Biterider

HSE

Hi all!

Lately, program take point always like a word separator.
But point also can be part of a name (at beginning) that you search.
Then now the point character can be evaluated in both cases. If you want that point work always like word separator you must change to "1" the "point" option in the .ini file.

LATER: that was a confuse idea. I remove that.

Updated in first post.

HSE

HSE

Just to note some curiosity for me.

ML64, beside to allow names that begin with a point, also allow that names in structures. Then is possible:
test2 struct
    .left qword 0
test2 ends

.data
      test3 test2 {2}

.code
      conout str$(test3..left),lf

mov test3..left, 1

conout str$(test3..left),lf

Some idea from all this was to add an option that search full words surrounded for at list a point. A little experimental, and perhaps not so useful, but without any process cost if not used :biggrin:

greenozon

@HSE
I see you are doing nice version numbering, but only on archive filename level...
would you mind to add the tool version into points 1/2/3 - whatever works best for you
https://prnt.sc/VlNFiVsG5h5T

thanks!

HSE

Hi greenozon!

No problem  :thumbsup:

Updated in first post.

Can you look in about dialog if trimming work and cpu name is aligned now?

Thank, HSE

Biterider

Hi HSE
When resizing (enlarging) the application dialog, I noticed a glitch with the "+" button (see picture).
When resizing the dialog, there is no minimum size and the controls starts to overlap.
Perhaps you can set a lower limit when resizing.

Biterider