Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests
NB: Posting URL's See here: Posted URL Change

Main Menu

Invalid PDB Generation

Started by poultrysci, May 24, 2024, 08:51:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zedd151

Quote from: NoCforMe on May 25, 2024, 04:40:15 AM... you had a /DEBUG switch on the ml.exe command line...
:dazzled:  I totally missed that myself. It did assemble though, so most likely it was ignored by ml.
:undecided:

NoCforMe

Quote from: poultrysci on May 25, 2024, 02:41:52 AMAH, using linker version 14.40.33808.0 solved everything! I guess the PDB version was just too low to be correctly parsed by the disassemblers.
That's a bit odd; I'm using linker version 5.12.8078 and I've never had any problems with .PDB files. I use OllyDbg though.

Have you tried Olly? It's a very good debugging tool.
Assembly language programming should be fun. That's why I do it.

zedd151

Quote from: NoCforMe on May 25, 2024, 05:27:52 AMThat's a bit odd; I'm using linker version 5.12.8078 and I've never had any problems with .PDB files. I use OllyDbg though.

Have you tried Olly? It's a very good debugging tool.
I have also suggested ollydbg. Ida is overkill, imo. Not sure about ghidra, never used it. Also I don't trust anything (ghidra) supposedly offered up by the NSA of all entities. NSA on GitHub - ghidra. You gotta ask yourself, what is the NSA's motive?
The Answer I had to look it up... not trying to promote any conspiracy theories, but I do find it rather odd.

NoCforMe

Oh yeah, nothing at all suspicious about the NSA, for chrissakes, posting code for us to use, eh? I'd sooner use anything posted by some QAnon jerk ... no thanks.

Where is Ed Snowden when we need him?
Assembly language programming should be fun. That's why I do it.

zedd151

Re: ghidra

I had missed sinsi's post here: https://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=7924.0. I came across it today.