Message to All Guests
NB: Posting URL's See here: Posted URL Change

Main Menu

Languages

Started by TimoVJL, June 13, 2024, 04:09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daydreamer

Quote from: sudoku on June 17, 2024, 01:48:31 AM
Quote from: TimoVJL on June 17, 2024, 12:50:05 AMNoCforMe knows nothing about C-language.
Prove me, that i am wrong in my words.

Everyone on this forum knows that C code is compiled into assembly.
Thus, your statement is false. That is one thing that Everyone here knows about C language code.  :azn:  With the exception of total newbies to ANY programming language.

Impossible to know what someone does not know. They may indeed know things that are not readily apparent, or that they are unwilling to share with others here.  :biggrin:
For instance, I know a little bit about VB6 (my first experience with a programming language), or at least I used to know. (My memory fails me after number of years) Who would have thought?
]
Are you sure not at least one of us forgot the fact of c compiles to asm? :)
If you are the only one with an unique other interest ,you feel its futile to share in this forum,but I once tried to make something out of black silk I bought,might be better to share in another forum

You probably can write a message box call in c with Chinese string in it,but using online tool to translate from your native language ,makes it take more time than write that string the languages you have enough skill in

my none asm creations
https://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6937.msg74303#msg74303
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding

NoCforMe

Quote from: sudoku on June 17, 2024, 01:48:31 AMImpossible to know what someone does not know.
Heh; reminds me of one of the golden moments from the Firesign Theater's "Don't Crush That Dwarf; Hand Me the Pliers":
QuotePrincipal Poop, addressing the MoreScience High assembly: How much do I hear?
George Tirebiter in the audience: That's metaphysically absurd, man! How could I know what you hear?
(ca. 1970)
Assembly language programming should be fun. That's why I do it.

NoCforMe

Quote from: daydreamer on June 17, 2024, 05:44:25 AM[Are you sure not at least one of us forgot the fact of c compiles to asm?

Well, ackshooly it compiles to .obj. (Unless it's a C compiler that requires an assembly step: does Pelles C work that way? other compilers?) Otherwise it goes from C source--> object code--> .exe (linker).

zedd151

Quote from: NoCforMe on June 17, 2024, 05:57:14 AMOtherwise it goes from C source--> object code--> .exe (linker).
Of course.  :biggrin:  I missed those technical details.
But it further demonstrates that you do not "knows nothing about C-language".
But anyway...
:azn:

NoCforMe

Let's put it this way: I know enough about C to get into trouble with it.

TimoVJL

It just depend compilers, if they use assembly in intermediate code before machine code.
gcc use as in compilation phases
Pelles C and msvc don't use external assembler, but can output asm-code
Tiny C have even internal linker
May the source be with you

NoCforMe

Quote from: TimoVJL on June 17, 2024, 11:16:10 AMgcc use as in compilation phases
What does this mean? In English, please.

NoCforMe

I don't want to read that document. I'd like you to explain the meaning of "gcc use as in compilation phases".
Does not compute.

TimoVJL

Quote from: NoCforMe on June 17, 2024, 11:57:19 AMI don't want to read that document. I'd like you to explain the meaning of "gcc use as in compilation phases".
Does not compute.
as / as.exe is GNU assembler
May the source be with you

NoCforMe

OK, that makes sense.
That should be "gcc uses as", btw.

zedd151

Quote from: NoCforMe on June 17, 2024, 12:40:22 PMThat should be "gcc uses as", btw.
More precisely "gcc uses as, as ass'er."   :joking:
:azn: