News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Who's up for a bit of a challenge?

Started by CommonTater, December 14, 2012, 03:42:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hool

Quote from: CommonTaterIt's much like an Active X component that has to plug into Media Player Classic Home Cinema through it's External Filters hook...

In fact, I'd say it's anything but simple... We're talking about processing live video streams... Based on my experience doing this in Virtual Dub, we are talking about variable colour formats (YCBR & RGB), variable colour depths (256 pallette, 8bpp, 16bpp, 24bpp, 32bpp) variable frame rates (24, 25, 30, 60) differing presentation formats (Interlaced and Progressive)  various video formats (.avi, .mp4, .mkv, .wmv, and more) and differing aspect ratios (16:9, 2:1, 2.35:1, 2.4:1, 4:3).  Image sizes will vary from 256 x 192 all the way up to 1920 x 1080.

The way this worked in Virtual Dub was...
1) The first frame is stored in the filter as an image and passed to the renderer,
2) Then it is darkened by some amount (more darkening means less persistence... not enough means "mouse trails")
3) The next video frame is overlayed on top of it at it's normal brightness.
4) The blended frame is passed to the renderer
5) Loop to step 2 until end of movie.   
You may get more answers if you break it down into smaller problems and one at a time.

Tedd

A lack of replies implies that people either have no interest, or lack the required knowledge to be helpful. I expect very few members have even touched DirectX. Would 300 replies of "I don't know" really be useful?

Becoming passive-aggressive won't help your cause. Also, if you give something away for free, then it's free; if there's an obligation to receive something in return, it's not really free. And I believe the comment about paying was meant to be a joke.

I would be interested in giving it a go, but right now I don't even have time for my own personal projects.
Potato2

jj2007

Compliments to hool and Tedd - you are exceptionally patient. Or you haven't read the whole thread:

Quote from: CommonTater on December 14, 2012, 01:59:07 PM
Quote from: Farabi on December 14, 2012, 01:08:26 PM
I can do that. It is simple. Lets see if I had time to do that. Try to create a Blank RadAsm project so I can add my code in there.

Excellent ... I'll look forward to trying it out....  :biggrin:

Tater gets a friendly and helpful reply to a typical "Why should I use RentACoder if I can call it a Challenge" post. Of course, Tater doesn't bother to produce the simple Blank RadAsm project that Farabi asked for.

Quote from: Farabi on December 14, 2012, 04:19:19 PM
I dont know how to write codecs, but I only know how to manipulate the pixel bits. Lets use this as a base template...

Farabi produces code and posts it. He specifies more precisely where exactly he can help.

Quote from: CommonTater on December 14, 2012, 04:36:34 PM
Quote from: Farabi on December 14, 2012, 04:19:19 PM
I dont know how to write codecs

A rather large change from "I know how to do this, it's simple..." don't you think?

Tater's answer is exceptionally rude (at this point, I guess some Forum members felt already an urgent desire to poke into the bloat and hear the pfffffffffff...).

But Farabi is a good boy:
Quote from: Farabi on December 14, 2012, 04:42:12 PM
Im not really good with MMX but this should work. CMIIW
We'll use that for the  fade in fade out effect.

Following a really friendly and helpful post from qWord, Tater plays the challenge card again, and gets a first subtle invitation to reflect before posting:
Quote from: qWord on December 15, 2012, 04:36:01 AM
Quote from: CommonTater on December 15, 2012, 01:39:14 AMPerhaps one of the guys wants the challenge  :biggrin:
maybe you want to pay those guys for translating corresponding c++ code to MASM  $$$ :biggrin:

The reply is foolish, to say the least:
Quote from: CommonTater on December 15, 2012, 05:02:13 AM
OK, well.... I have software online here that I'm giving away and there is more still to come...  (Hint, Hint)

Illegal copies of Windows 9? The source code of the Office suite? But now Tater is in full swing:
Quote from: CommonTater on December 17, 2012, 12:36:50 AM
Forget I even asked....

It seems that generosity is not returned on this forum.

He starts whining - can it come any worse?
Quote from: CommonTater on December 28, 2012, 07:02:41 PM
So your answer to my chastizing people over lack of reciprocity is to express greed?

Wow, Tater! "chastizing" is excellent, I'll have to write that down in my dictionary for special occasions.

The Soap continues. Let's have more fun with Taterino.

dedndave

most of us give away code for free in the form of example code
it's not generally intended to be in the form of full-blown apps
however, many example programs could qualify as such
anyways - the general intention is to provide guidelines on how to do things

in this case, i doubt many forum members are experienced in writing filters or codecs - maybe a few
those who are familiar are likely to share an example of one sort or another

failing that, the onus is on you to do some research and learn the ins-and-outs
it is the same path any of us would take if confronted with something we want to learn about
i am sure that filters and codecs are not rocket-science   :P

Farabi

I thought he just want to darken a frame each 2 time continously, it would be simple. But what he want is a codecs with a full blown app. That would be not easy. I had no experience on codecs.
http://farabidatacenter.url.ph/MySoftware/
My 3D Game Engine Demo.

Contact me at Whatsapp: 6283818314165