Message to All Guests
NB: Posting URL's See here: Posted URL Change

Main Menu

MediaPlayer

Started by fearless, August 29, 2024, 04:05:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vortex

Hi fearless,

Visiting your GitHub page, I downloaded the new version, keep up the good work :thumbsup:

fearless

Thanks Vortex.

A small bug found its way into the x64 version, I have since updated it to fix that, and uploaded it to github and here.

fearless

v1.0.0.2

https://github.com/mrfearless/MediaPlayer/releases/tag/1.0.0.2

• Clicking middle logo now toggles between play/pause (for audio playback).
  • Removed double click option on main window.
  • Moved F11 fullscreen toggle to accelerator table instead of WM_KEYDOWN.
  • Fix menu activation not working when pressing Alt key + menu key (IsDialogMessage was the culprit).
  • Fix for stepping past duration of media file with play speed increase and step 10.
  • Fix for SeekBar position still showing after end of media when play speed is increased.
  • Added EN, DE, FR, PL, IT languages using google translate (any mistakes let me know, or requests for languages).
  • Added language menu item on menu bar and loading menus based on language selection.
  • Made language specific versions of main menu.
  • Moved context menu to language specific versions.
  • Language setting saved in ini file, and applied when starting MediaPlayer.
  • Moved strings (tooltips etc) to string table resource for language change processing.

greenozon

great news!
quick quesiton: where do you keep the ini file? I didn't find it nearby the exe :)

fearless

I keep it in the AppData\Roaming\MediaPlayer folder, which is the recommended place for applications, that wont be affected by Windows complaining or blocking write access - like say if it was installed in Program Files\MediaPlayer and the ini file was located in the same folder. This way a user could place MediaPlayer.exe in one of those protected folders, and it should work fine, as the ini file is located elsewhere.

Located at:
C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\MediaPlayer\⏯ MediaPlayer.iniReplace <UserName> with your own name, for example:

C:\Users\greenozon\AppData\Roaming\MediaPlayer\⏯ MediaPlayer.ini

greenozon

thanks! nice
but why do you have that strange symbol - "⏯" in the path?
just curious

https://prnt.sc/1Wr43FDjDXqo

also why 2 ini files?

fearless

The unicode glyph "⏯" is the play/pause button, used as a hint to someone looking at the .ini file that perhaps as it has a unicode symbol in the name, then perhaps the file also is unicode format.

If someone edits the ini file with notepad or other basic text editor, instead of say notepad++ (which has support for reading the unicode file and writing to it properly) then the BOM byte markers at the beginning of the file (FFh,FEh) will be destroyed, thus rendering the ini file useless as the wide versions of the GetPrivateProfileString, WritePrivateProfileString wont work.

Instead, I check the ini file for the BOM presence and if its not there the ini file gets re-created anew with the BOM - and thus will also delete anything that was in the unreadable non-unicode ini file.

The Ansi version of the ini file doesnt have the play/pause glyph, and is not used, unless you recompile MediaPlayer without the unicode support. It is a leftover from when the first version of MediaPlayer was not compiled with unicode support. You can safely delete it.

fearless

v1.0.0.3

https://github.com/mrfearless/MediaPlayer/releases/tag/1.0.0.3

• Limit play speed to between x0.125 and x4.
  • Adjusted German translation (thanks to Biterider).
  • Added Spanish language menu resources (thanks to Biterider).
  • Added Spanish language tooltips (thanks to Biterider).
  • Reduced size of resources with sorcery and dark magic.
  • Step 10 now only works at normal play speed or below.
  • MediaPlayer Engine restart on every media file load.
  • Fix video freeze/engine kill when opening a media file with a different codec than previous media file (MediaPlayer Engine restart).
  • The i (info/about) button tooltip shows media information for streams when a media file is loaded, otherwise it just displays "About MediaPlayer".
  • i button tooltip prepends stream number if total streams > 1
  • i button tooltip prepends stream selection (or [-]) if total streams > 2

NoCforMe

Quote from: fearless on September 14, 2024, 03:27:34 AMReduced size of resources with sorcery and dark magic.

Now that's the kind of programming we all want to hear about!
Assembly language programming should be fun. That's why I do it.

fearless

Just updated the x64 version in the post above, it had a tiny crash, so fixed that and re-uploaded it.

greenozon

Never before had I seen the resources in such a cryptic format *.rtlc

it should be some new revolutionary SW magic, isnt' it? :)

vitsoft

x64 version works well, including drag&drop, thank you  :eusa_clap: 

I play music noninteractively with a script, using an old Media Player Classic from Windows XP, which can shut itself down when the song is over: 
mplayerc.exe /Play /Close "aSong.mp3"

I'd like to replace mplayerc.exe with your MediaPlayer.exe but it doesn't seem to accept command-line arguments except for the file name.
Would it be possible to accept the /Close parameter please?

fearless

@vitsoft - Yes I will add that feature in the next version.