Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests
NB: Posting URL's See here: Posted URL Change

Main Menu

Re: Macro Definition & usage discussion + supplementary

Started by ognil, September 25, 2024, 01:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoCforMe

Quote from: ognil on October 07, 2024, 03:20:57 PMthis site [...] must agree the requirements and rules of  the owner - MS.

WTF are you talking about? Microsoft doesn't own this site.

True, the 64-bit SDK available here needs to play by Microsoft's rules (at least those governing assembly language programming), but that's not a concern: it does conform to those rules. Has to, really, by definition, since it uses Microsoft tools to assemble and link programs. As everyone knows, macros happen to be an integral part of the assembler (hence the name). So far as documentation on how to use those macros, that's easily found in the Microsoft Learn document repository.

So none of us here know what you're going on about in this thread. It's one thing to avoid using macros (I do), as that's a personal decision. But to impose that restriction on those who want to learn 64-bit MASM programming? No way, Jose.

And why do you keep sticking "32-bit MASM only" in big red letters in your posts? This thread is about 64-bit programming.
Assembly language programming should be fun. That's why I do it.

sinsi

Remove the line include \masm64\include64\masm64rt.inc and let us know how you fare with no macros.

HSE

Quote from: ognil on September 25, 2024, 01:13:56 PMMACROS is a deprecated method for expanding text during assembly

Not really. Where you found that fallacy?
Equations in Assembly: SmplMath

stoo23

I moved these posts here to this New Topic, thinking that perhaps further useful & creative discussion might occur on the Topic but sadly, it seems Not,..

I have attempted to tidy it up and will leave it open, in the hope that further reasonable and civil discussion can occur  :smiley: