Message to All Guests
NB: Posting URL's See here: Posted URL Change

Main Menu

MRU help

Started by ognil, October 02, 2024, 12:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ognil

Thank you Admin,

Please change your plea to not guilty because ognil always tells the truth. :biggrin:

https://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=12267.0  :thumbsup:
"Not keeping emotions under control is another type of mental distortion."

stoo23

Fine,.. Now that you have posted a link,.. simply Writing the highlighted Word 'Shortcut' doesn't really make anything clear  :smiley:

ognil

Thank you sinsi, :thumbsup:

Biterider's example has no MRU and use only  Basic Controls - Buttons.
It uses IUICommandHandler interface -> Execute method
to send a SendMessage for each pressed button.

I use more:
- Basic Controls - Buttons
- Container Controls
- Specialized Controls - Font Control
QuoteRibbon framework provides a specialized Font Control that exposes a wide range of font properties such as typeface name, style, point size, and effects.
The Font Control is a composite control that consists of buttons, toggle buttons, drop-down list boxes, and combo boxes, all of which are used to specify a particular font property or formatting option.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/windowsribbon/windowsribbon-introduction
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/uxguide/cmd-ribbons  :smiley:

PS:
The Font control sends
WM_NOTIFY -> EN_SELCHANGE to the main window when some of its attributes change.
The main window returns confirmation back to the Font control.
It clears the Rich Edit control, including the standard Line numbers
and overwrites it with the already modified CharFormat2 structure, but without the Line numbers.
Đ¢his necessitated the inclusion of a second Rich Edit control (synchronized with the first) just for the Line numbers.

NoCforMe

Ah, so your questions are really about the ribbon, not the MRU. Now we're getting somewhere.

My suggestion is to move this to the Windows API sub-forum below this one, because that's where we deal with Windows OS user interface-specific questions like this. (I have to plead ignorance on my part; I know nothing about Windows ribbon controls. Here's a starting point in the Microsoft Learn document repository to read about this "framework", if that helps.)
Assembly language programming should be fun. That's why I do it.

NoCforMe

BTW, I would also say that this is definitely not an appropriate thing for examples for n00bs. The ribbon "framework" is pretty complex stuff, not what you'd want to spring on someone just starting out coding.

ognil

Thank you NoCforMe,  :badgrin:

Almost all MS programs use ribbon menus and I think it's good for young programmers to use them too.

Old programmers who don't like ribbons can use the menu button to switch to the standard menu. :biggrin:

NoCforMe

It's not a matter of liking or not liking them; it's that they're complicated, as you yourself have discovered. Not really entry-level programming stuff.

ognil

Quoteby NoCforMe: Not really entry-level programming stuff.

It just depends on the level of the teachers.

I studied red and black trees and ribbons with C++ in university.

zedd151

Quote from: ognil on October 06, 2024, 07:27:47 AM
Quoteby NoCforMe: Not really entry-level programming stuff.

It just depends on the level of the teachers.

I studied red and black trees and ribbons with C++ in university.
perfect! I only studied 'yellow ribbons' and 'old oak trees'.  :biggrin:
So, I'll get on the bus - forget about us, and put the blame on me.....  :joking:
tie a yellow ribbon round the old oak tree
"We are living in interesting times"   :tongue:

ognil

Thank you zedd151,

Quote"Put the blame on me. If I don't see a yellow ribbon round the old oak tree. Now the whole damn bus is cheering. And I can't believe I see a hundred yellow ribbons 'round the old oak tree"

How much do you have to drink to see "hundred yellow ribbons 'round the old oak tree" when there aren't actually any?  :badgrin:  :badgrin:  The music is trivial country style.

I prefer something with a high volume of voices: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duFk5QKFMrg

zedd151

Quote from: ognil on October 06, 2024, 08:42:23 AMThank you zedd151,

Quote"Put the blame on me. If I don't see a yellow ribbon round the old oak tree. Now the whole damn bus is cheering. And I can't believe I see a hundred yellow ribbons 'round the old oak tree"
:biggrin:  Glad you liked it.  :tongue:
"We are living in interesting times"   :tongue:

NoCforMe

Quote from: ognil on October 06, 2024, 07:27:47 AMI studied red and black trees and ribbons with C++ in university.

For those of you wondering what the hell red-and-black trees are, here's a pretty good explanation.

stoo23

QuoteThe music is trivial country style.
Trivial 'Country Style' it may be but I'd sure be very happy to have the amount of money the Royalties for that song would have put in my bank account !!  :joking:

Also: Small request, .... if you intend to Post Screen-Shots etc as 'Attachments', loaded to the server, can you please reduce their overall Pixel count and Byte size, prior to posting ??
416.66 KB, 2780 x 1478 sized images are excessive and unnecessary !! I have replaced the original image with an 800 x 425 142.9 KB version. Hopefully that is still large enough, if not I can replace it with a 1024 x 544 version.
Thanks  :cool:

ognil

I use TV 55" Samsung QLED 4K, 4096 x 2160 as a monitor with Screen refresh rate: 60 Hertz,
so the picture size and quality are normal for it.

Thank you for your time and effort for the resizing.

NoCforMe

"Ants on the back"? Now I'm really curious. Not disputing you, just curious.