News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

SmplMath v2 released

Started by qWord, February 10, 2013, 12:47:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qWord

Edit 10/2020: The code is also available at github: https://github.com/qwordAtGitHub/SmplMath. There will be probably no further development from my side.

Hello all,

I've update my SmplMath macros system to version 2. These macros allow to evaluate mathematically expression similar to HLLs.
Currently the macros support 32 and 64 bit code and are compatible with the MASM32 SDK. 64 bit programming requires jWasm.
The macros are organized in some kind of a front end / back end architecture, whereas there are currently back ends for FPU and SSE2 instructions.

Even if I do not really expect that anyone will ever use the macros serious (except myself), I think it might be an interesting source for people interested in writing macros or searching for FPU and SSE2 algorithms.
Regardless that, feedback is welcome  :biggrin:

The package can be downloaded from sourceforge: SmplMath

regards, qWord
MREAL macros - when you need floating point arithmetic while assembling!

Gunther

Hi qWord,

rock solid work at the first glance with extensive documentation. Avira has another false positive in SimplMathDemo.exe.

By the way, you should think about using LATEX to write your documentations; it's worth a try.

Gunther
You have to know the facts before you can distort them.

qWord

hi,
Quote from: Gunther on February 10, 2013, 01:04:55 PM
By the way, you should think about using LATEX to write your documentations; it's worth a try.
you are absolute right (I'm fully aware of Latex). The problem is that I'm currently  too lazy transfer the document  :biggrin:

Biterider

hi
Thanks for the update!

QuoteEven if I do not really expect that anyone will ever use the macros serious (except myself), ...
Not completely true, you have at least one user   :P

Biterider

Gunther

Hi qWord,

Quote from: qWord on February 10, 2013, 01:12:05 PM
you are absolute right (I'm fully aware of Latex). The problem is that I'm currently  too lazy transfer the document  :biggrin:

your life could be very easy by using LATEX for your documentation.

Gunther
You have to know the facts before you can distort them.

dedndave

Quote from: Biterider on February 10, 2013, 06:48:12 PM
hi
Thanks for the update!

QuoteEven if I do not really expect that anyone will ever use the macros serious (except myself), ...
Not completely true, you have at least one user   :P

Biterider

so, that's how you do it   :P

(Biterider solves a few Project Euler problems before anyone else)

qWord

Quote from: Biterider on February 10, 2013, 06:48:12 PMNot completely true, you have at least one user   :P
:biggrin: - I'm allowed to ask for what you use the macros?

qWord

Biterider

Hallo
I use the macros in some projects. The most used macro set by me is ConstDiv.inc
In one of the projects I'm working on, I use SmplMath to generate complex embroidery designs.
It took me much less time code these design templates than doing by hand. The most intensive computations are the plausibility checks for the boring operation.

Biterider

hfheatherfox07

Hi qWord,
I use it for all the sine scrollers you posted on the old forum :)

http://www.masmforum.com/board/index.php?PHPSESSID=786dd40408172108b65a5a36b09c88c0&topic=16710.30

I am going to try to add dib bmp font to them :)

Sorry I am a beginner with masm , as I understand masm better I am sure I will find more uses :)

Thank you for all your help with my silly question over the years

Your code and your skills will be assimilated. Your programming language is irrelevant.
We are the ASM Borg and you will become part of us. Compile and be assembled.