Author Topic: Sexism? I dont think so  (Read 13888 times)

dedndave

• Still using Abacus 2.0
    • DednDave
Re: Sexism? I dont think so
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2013, 04:59:30 AM »
Are you sure you're not a politician ?

That was a professional 'slippery' explanation.
:biggrin:

yes - i spread goodwill wherever i go   :badgrin:
and - i know how NOT to piss off the wife

Vortex

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2013, 05:20:39 AM »
And deciding to become a hacker has more to do with mentality than ability.

It depends on what that individual is trying to "achieve"

daydreamer

• my kind of REAL10 Blonde
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2013, 05:10:09 AM »
I saw on tv about a girl who decided to went to carmechanic school
they had experience of girls first research, before taking something apart so they know how it shall be put together right again, boys start take apart directly and solves problems as they come
I think its the same when it comes to computers and all technic

I Bogdan showed me a poem, something about "go thru a project and finish it despite all think you are crazy, that makes you a man my son"
my none asm creations
http://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6937.msg74303#msg74303
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."

K_F

• Anybody out there?
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2013, 06:56:17 AM »
Not trying to put down the fairer sex.. they're are GIB  :t

Maybe this if only my experience but I find myself able to foresee/determine scenarios before they arise by simple deduction, thus avoid problems
99.99999999999999999999% of the fairer sex... have no idea.

;)
'Sire, Sire!... the peasants are Revolting !!!'
'Yes, they are.. aren't they....'

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2013, 10:37:18 AM »
It seems to have a bit to do with the task, most technical guys I know have no fear of getting covered in whatever medium they are working in, wood, metals etc .... where almost exclusively the girls are smart enough not to do the same. Non-technical guys are just as bad (can't do up a nut and bolt) and nowhere as good as the girls at conning a guy to do it for them.

On the up side I have known a share of the ladies who are genuinely good at technical things, spray painters, sand blasters, welders and many other tasks and the ones who are good at their trade really kick ass.

About the only meaningful distinction I can find is guys are usually bigger (and uglier) and can perform certain tasks better. The distinction seems to be that guys have stronger hands where the girls have finer but better control of the things they do in their trade with their hands.
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :skrewy:

MichaelW

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2013, 01:38:03 PM »
Many years ago at my father’s business his long-time secretary/bookkeeper decided that she wanted to do something different, and learn to machine parts. Watching her work at her normal job she obviously had good manual dexterity, able to page through a set of books with one hand and reliably operate an adding machine with the other hand, without looking at it, and to do this at an amazing pace. I think this whole thing started from an argument that she had with one of the guys in the machine shop, another long-time employee. My father agreed to let her do it, and his brother who ran the machine shop, and had previously trained many guys to do the job, set about training her. After a relatively short period of training she was producing consistently good parts, including some complex parts, and my uncle remarked that while he initially had doubts about her ability to do the job, training her was just like training anyone else. She continued in the job for some months until, having small hands and wrists, she developed severe carpal tunnel syndrome.
Well Microsoft, here’s another nice mess you’ve gotten us into.

dedndave

• Still using Abacus 2.0
    • DednDave
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2013, 02:07:32 PM »
you realize, of course, gals don't think we are all that bright, either - lol