Author Topic: Bad decision  (Read 21440 times)

dedndave

• Still using Abacus 2.0
    • DednDave
Re: Bad decision
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2013, 09:18:36 PM »
yah - you take care of mom and dad - it's just the right thing to do
that, in itself, says something about how you were brought up

when i was a kid, i was a little bit like Bart Simpson - lol
got into "mild" trouble - nothing that put me into juvenile detention
but, enough to get the ire of mom and dad
i learned not to get caught, as Hutch said - a good lesson, i suppose
probably not something we teach, explicitly
my "big crime" was smoking some pot - a far cry from robbing a liquor store, but still illegal

as i said before, i am not anti-gay, but i am pro-children
sometimes, we have to look beyond what we may want and look to what is best for the kids

nidud

• https://github.com/nidud/asmc
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2013, 12:33:51 AM »
deleted
« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 06:13:29 AM by nidud »

K_F

• Anybody out there?
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2013, 08:28:54 AM »
The thing is..

The human-kind world has lasted so long thus far, due to a 'normality', amongst the chaos.
This normality is prevalent in all ancient books, Bible, Koran, ... etc.
One must not look at these books as religious idealism, but why they have come about.. and in them you'll find a related common thread - I'll not go into this discussion.

The Western world, to it's credit, has modified these writings to respect all living creatures,
BUT.. this modification, if taken too far is detrimental for our future, and must be kept in check.

This is beyond love, successful and failed relationships and parents.. as this all occurs no matter what the sexual orientation.
:)

'Sire, Sire!... the peasants are Revolting !!!'
'Yes, they are.. aren't they....'

frktons

« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2013, 06:39:23 AM »
Its not in the "saying" but in the "doing" that matters, the rest is hot air.

Good point to remember when dealing with children education.

Psychological knowledge? I'd say the average quality of this "knowledge" can easily compete with that of Jehovah's Witnesses.

It's fun, though...   :t

Somehow you have to dig up the gold stones out of the muddy mess, but there they are.

sometimes, we have to look beyond what we may want and look to what is best for the kids

I'd say "always" more than "sometimes", if you don't mind.  ;)

Prejudice start with the idea of normality (if they only do/think/behave like I do) constantly seeking conformity.

Education, from Latin "Ex-Ducere", means "To Bring out". So imposing something
or filling somebody[children] with rules is quite the opposite of what education should do.
More easily said than done, anyway.

The Western world, to it's credit, has modified these writings to respect all living creatures,
BUT.. this modification, if taken too far is detrimental for our future, and must be kept in check.

Much better in my opinion than having the right to kill wife and children, as some islamic
countries allow.

There are only two days a year when you can't do anything: one is called yesterday, the other is called tomorrow, so today is the right day to love, believe, do and, above all, live.

Dalai Lama

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2013, 07:43:14 AM »
If there is something that I have seen in current modern culture, its the propensity to have "pat" answers for many common situations, even though they rarely ever address the situation at hand. I tend to label such stupidity as "parroting" which is effectively regurgitating something that the speaker has either learnt, been taught or has been instructed to say. What I personally hear with "pat" answers is "Polly wanna a cracker".

Rote learning had its place with the multiplication tables and similar information blocks that are common in many disciplines but at an educational level, just filling a kid's head with garbage is counter productive. Know how to read and write, count and speak are the basic prerequisites for a kids learning to survive.
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :skrewy:

nidud

• https://github.com/nidud/asmc
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2013, 08:36:37 AM »
deleted
« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 06:13:08 AM by nidud »

frktons

« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2013, 11:13:42 AM »
Well, I'm glad we moved from Middle Ages "Abominations" and "catch the witches
to burn them", to something more reasonable and probably more useful.

Children surely need to adapt to the time-space environment they come to live:
language, values, rules, pitfalls, opportunities and so on. To do that in a profitable
way they also need to know themselves and their attitudes, and that's where the
Ex-Ducere comes at hand. If violence is used for that, pushing the children until they
show their inner nature and survival instinct, it means no better way is known, not
the best or only way to get something out of them. Being ignorant is not that great thing
to be proud of.

I've always thought Education and being parents is one the most difficult task around.
There are only two days a year when you can't do anything: one is called yesterday, the other is called tomorrow, so today is the right day to love, believe, do and, above all, live.

Dalai Lama

Donkey

• ASS-embler
    • Donkey's Stable
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2013, 09:07:45 PM »
Well, I find religion to be an abomination more than homosexuality. If two people are gay and love each other they should be allowed to marry and adopt children. Its much more important for a child to be raised in a loving stable home than what sex his/her parents are. Many gay couples have raised children and there is no correlation to behavioural problems or sexual preference in their children, its just another red herring that the religious fanatics throw out there to make their argument sound a little less like the hateful rant it really is.
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

anunitu

« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2013, 01:40:46 AM »
I have to agree Donkey,religion can cause more problems with its moral "dogma" than any other social issues combined. It is the 21st century but some people are living perhaps in the 14th century because of religious views.