Comprehensive x86 instruction set for MSVS2010?

Started by bl4z0r313, June 05, 2012, 08:27:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dedndave

Hutch made me realize....
the Pope is German, living in Italy
Jochen is, too
and he seems to have the Latin down

hmmmm - i wonder if jj2007 is actually the pontif, hmself, keeping a low profile   :icon_eek:
if so, i guess he would know how the Pope swears

anyways - that would certainly explain all the MasmBasic stuff   :lol:

jj2007

Quote from: dedndave on June 07, 2012, 12:13:02 PM
anyways - that would certainly explain all the MasmBasic stuff   :lol:

The only thing that is correct in your post is that MasmBasic is indeed a divine language :greensml:

hutch--

This was not a translation of "Holy Crap", its what a Pope may say if he stubbed his toe in Latin.  :P

As this is a fully wholesome meeting place of assembler programmer, I will not post the translation to English.

jj2007

Ok, before the whole thread gets shoved into the Colosseum (that's in Rome, by the way), here the latest tool to get the Comprehensive x86 instruction set extracted from Intel's 17MB PDF manual - 434 instructions, alphabetically sorted and nicely formatted :biggrin:

Reading 231843 lines from IntelComplete.txt took        21 ms
Writing 434 instructions (alphabetically sorted) took   26 ms

Most instructions are now captured by the parser (I love PDF :icon_mrgreen:)

hutch--

JJ,

Its been a while since I have done it but you used to be able to save a PDF file as plain text which from memory similified extracting the mnemonic names and following data. Certainly far simpler than trying to extract it from PDF format.

jj2007

Quote from: hutch-- on June 07, 2012, 07:11:51 PM
Its been a while since I have done it but you used to be able to save a PDF file as plain text which from memory similified extracting the mnemonic names and following data. Certainly far simpler than trying to extract it from PDF format.

Absolutely - that's what I'm doing :biggrin:

But still, it's not trivial:

Desired output (only once, and the most descriptive one, please):
CALL   Call Procedure
CBW/CWDE/CDQE   Convert Byte to Word/Convert Word to Doubleword/Convert Doubleword to Quadword
CLC   Clear Carry Flag

What you have to parse (these are only the lines that contain CBW/CWDE/CDQE and the marker ):
CALL—Call Procedure. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3-112
CBW/CWDE/CDQE—Convert Byte to Word/Convert Word to Doubleword/Convert
Doubleword to Quadword. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3-131
CLC—Clear Carry Flag. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3-133
.... some thousand lines more ....
CBW/CWDE/CDQE—Convert Byte to Word/Convert Word to Doubleword/Convert Double-Vol. 2A 3-131
word to Quadword
#UD If the LOCK prefix is used.
3-132 Vol. 2A CBW/CWDE/CDQE—Convert Byte to Word/Convert Word to Doubleword/Convert Double-
word to Quadword

See updated attachment in Reply #18 above.