Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Masm32 issues

Started by yungxing, October 19, 2013, 08:46:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yungxing

Ok, goodmorning everyone!

I wrote a simple "Hello world" code in asm, using the masm32 editor, I got this very funny error saying cannot find my input file, when I crosschecked, some facts in google say, its due to environment variables, what could be the main issue.  Someone pls help.

Vortex

Hi yungxing,

Welcome to the Forum. Could you post the source code here? I guess you are using qeditor. It does not need of environment variables to build an executable.

yungxing

Nay! I am using masm32 editor, I didn't see the Qeditor. Any link where I can download that?

Vortex

Hi yungxing,

Could you be more specific while addressing to the masm32 editor? What's exactly the name of your tool?

No need to to download Quick Editor, it already comes with the Masm32 package :

\masm32\qeditor.exe

dedndave

also - be more specific about the error, if you can - tell us which file cannot be found

it sounds like an include file or lib file path problem
they should look something like this...
    INCLUDE     \masm32\include\windows.inc
    INCLUDE     \masm32\include\kernel32.inc
    INCLUDELIB  \masm32\lib\kernel32.lib

notice that the paths are root-relative
the masm32 package should be installed on the root of the drive (C:\masm32, D:\masm32, etc)
and - that drive must be the same as the one where the project files are located

if you need to, you should be able to move or copy the masm32 folder, rather than re-installing

TWell

With SUBST command masm32 can be located folder like c:\users\user.
SUBST M: c:\users\user
Installing as normal user is possible if install.exe is renamed and versioninfo removed.