News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Annoying warning from GoRC

Started by Yuri, December 25, 2013, 06:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuri

If you use a user-defined resource type, you will have to read this each time you build your app:

Warning .......................

Line 121 of the include file myobject.rc:-
A resource type was not recognised and assumed to be user-defined:-
TypeLib

I think it would be great to have some way to tell GoRC the type is OK. Maybe something like this:

#USERDEFINED TypeLib
- or -
#USERTYPE TypeLib

wjr

Although there are some differences between GoRC and RC, I hesitate to modify the syntax here. If this were attempted, it also looks like it may be better to deal more directly with something like

nameID USERTYPE type ...

with USERTYPE as a type identifier with the type name following on the same line, instead of a #USERTYPE directive elsewhere earlier in the file (RC would skip over USERTYPE with blank #define USERTYPE). I do foresee some complexities, but still doable.

You currently have the /nw command line option which supresses warning messages. This however does so for all warnings.

As an alternative, it would be quite easy to have a /nwu command line option which supresses the warning message specifically for a user-defined type (however, a typo such as ICAN would be treated as a user-defined type without warning). Would this alternative seem reasonable enough?

Yuri

Quote from: wjr on December 27, 2013, 10:05:47 AM
As an alternative, it would be quite easy to have a /nwu command line option which supresses the warning message specifically for a user-defined type (however, a typo such as ICAN would be treated as a user-defined type without warning). Would this alternative seem reasonable enough?

Yes, for me it would, as I am usually careful about what I type. And also if some resource didn't work after I had edited the .rc file, it would be obvious something went wrong there. So I vote for the /nwu switch.

wjr

Actually, it was even easier and better to go with /nu, now in GoRC version 1.0.1.0.

Yuri

Works fine. Thanks!  :icon_cool: