Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests
NB: Posting URL's See here: Posted URL Change

Main Menu

API hooking Questions

Started by irnix, February 25, 2014, 05:57:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irnix

Ok basically I decided to study win32 programming in assembly because of hooking and the rest. I am made to understand the steps followed when hooking a process / function for instance MessageBoxA or NtdllQuerrySystemInformation etc. We must follow the samee steps

So I came across this simple messagebox hook in masm32 http://blog.csdn.net/purpleendurer/article/details/893857 since I am starting this for the first time, what do you fellows think of some hooking like this? Is this the correct way to hook it? Kindly help.

Vortex

Hi irnix,

You have to read the forum rules. API hooking is a sensitive subject :

http://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=4.0

K_F

I don't see why his request is a problem as this info/and examples of hooks is 'splattered' all over the MSDN and net ?
'Sire, Sire!... the peasants are Revolting !!!'
'Yes, they are.. aren't they....'

Vortex

Quote from: K_F on February 25, 2014, 08:41:36 AM
I don't see why his request is a problem as this info/and examples of hooks is 'splattered' all over the MSDN and net ?

So why is he asking assistance from the forum members? By the way, advertising here some "grey" techniques can trigger the interest of some other people having different intentions.

K_F

Maybe redirecting him/her to msdn would be easier..
Besides openly asking for 'grey' things is not a sign of an evil do'er, but more of an amateur or person asking for something they don't know about ?
'Sire, Sire!... the peasants are Revolting !!!'
'Yes, they are.. aren't they....'

Vortex

Quote from: K_F on February 25, 2014, 09:22:50 AM
Maybe redirecting him/her to msdn would be easier..
Besides openly asking for 'grey' things is not a sign of an evil do'er, but more of an amateur or person asking for something they don't know about ?

There is a thin line between curiosity for grey and evildoing. This is why we have here a set of forum rules. And how many amateurs did you see mentioning about NtQuerySystemInformation? ::)

hutch--