Author Topic: Tenth amendment  (Read 29088 times)

Magnum

Tenth amendment
« on: October 18, 2014, 06:30:23 AM »
Dear Attorney General Eric Holder,

In approving same sex marriages, it looks to me like you thinks that God has no say so in your life.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 - "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God." (NIV).

The same applies to lower federal courts that have upheld same sex marriages.

They have overridden those states who have passed laws to outlaw homosexuality.

The Tenth Amendment (Amendment X) to the United States Constitution, which is part of the Bill of Rights, was ratified on December 15, 1791.[1] It expresses the principle of federalism, which under girds the entire plan of the original Constitution, by stating that the federal government possesses only those powers delegated to it by the states or the people. The framers of this amendment had two purposes in mind when they drafted it. The first was a necessary rule of construction. The second was to reaffirm the nature of the federal system.[2]

The U.S. government was never delegated the power to regulate marriage.

Do you feel that you are above the law ?

Best regards,
                        xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I don't expect a response other than being put on a watch list. :-)

I expect the courts to approve marriages to pets next.

Take care,
                   Andy

Ubuntu-mate-18.04-desktop-amd64

http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
Re: Tenth amendment
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 09:21:41 AM »
> I expect the courts to approve marriages to pets next.

This is the one I am waiting for. When I get much older I want to buy a very good looking Siamese Cat, marry it and leave my worldly goods to it.

Now regarding your assertion that you can sit in judgement of other people on the basis of your understanding of the Bible, try reading the book.
American Standard Version
The Revelation to Saint John
Chapter 22
11    He that is unrighteous, let him do unrighteousness still: and he that is filthy, let him be made filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him do righteousness still: and he that is holy, let him be made holy still.
12    Behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to render to each man according as his work is.

In asserting that you or the religious loonie tunes in the US can usurp the role of their creator and sit in judgement of others, again try reading the book.
The First Book of Moses, called Genesis
Chapter 3
1    Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which Jehovah God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of any tree of the garden?
2    And the woman said unto the serpent, Of the fruit of the trees of the garden we may eat:
3    but of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
4    And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
5    for God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as God, knowing good and evil.

People undertaking the role of God has a very bad track record, perhaps you should be willing to give up on the idea and stop sitting in judgement of other people.

This is the price of your foolishness.
Chapter 22
18    I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, if any man shall add unto them, God shall add unto him the plagues which are written in this book:
19    and if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the tree of life, and out of the holy city, which are written in this book.

The solution is for you to repent of your wicked ways and stop trying to act as if you are God.
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :skrewy:

Zen

• slightly red-shifted
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 09:36:04 AM »
Behold,...
...I hate threads like this,...
The whole concept of homosexual marriage is ridiculous.
...But, invoking the Old Testament is even more ridiculous,...

...I like this one from Bill Maher: "If your father is a dangerous zealot who describes homosexuals as 'sinners' who practice 'selfish hedonism', you have a moral duty to become a lesbian. Now if can get yourself impregnated by David Crosby, and then immediately get an abortion, I think we can drive Daddy right over the edge."

...Twisted and depraved,...but, FUNNY,...
Zen

Magnum

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 10:04:41 AM »
Hutch,

No one is acting like God.

I feel that God is Sovereign

God has a will. By Himself and with assistance from NO ONE he makes decisions and policies and sets up policies. He has the right to do as He pleases. All always acts in accordance with all the other attributes of His character, and will never express one attribute at the expense of another.

For example, a mother may tell he child that he will receive a spanking if he plays with matches.
 But then when the child plays with matches and burns himself,  she may forgo the spanking, and instead hold him in her lap.

In that case she has expressed her love at the expense of her justice.

Not so with God. He knows how to express His love without compromising His justice. (Deut. 4:39, 1 Chron. 29:12, Psalms 47:2, 83:18, 93:1, 135:6; Daniel 4:35; Acts 17:24

Code: [Select]
Chapter 22

John  has only 21 chapters. :-)

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them. :-)
Take care,
                   Andy

Magnum

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2014, 10:13:31 AM »
Behold,...
...I hate threads like this,...
The whole concept of homosexual marriage is ridiculous.
...But, invoking the Old Testament is even more ridiculous,...

Zen,

Sounds like you also feel that homosexuality is wrong.

Would you prefer some new testament scriptures regarding homosexuality ?

I am doing some more research and will post more later.

This is a good open discussion and it's not important that everyone agree. :-)

Take care,
Take care,
                   Andy

hutch--

• Administrator
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2014, 11:38:35 AM »
 :biggrin:

Chapter 22

John  has only 21 chapters. :-)

You have confused the Gospel of John with the The Revelation to Saint John and this show just how little you know about your belief system. Its evident that you are being fed bullsh*t from some crap heap holy roller and don't understand or read your Bible.

Just remember on Judgement day that it will not be you sitting on the throne, it will be you standing in front of it saying "Gee I am sorry I tried to act like God" and unless your name is written in the book of life there is a fiery exit waiting for you to a place that used to be called Gehenna, a rubbish dump outside of Jerusalem.

Now to avoid the ending up on the trash heap, you need to repent of your wicked ways and give up trying to be God where you sit in judgement of other people. The Revelation of John makes it perfectly clear that you should not be doing things like this.
hutch at movsd dot com

carlos

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2014, 01:09:52 PM »

I feel that this tread is stretching the rules of the forum, regarding religious matters (I may be wrong).

The state were I live (Coahuila) vecome in august, the SECOND state in México in permiting igalitarian marriage, behind the Distrito Federal, and I AM PROUD of the state I live for the progresive tinking of it's legislature.

Magnum, You don't like to marry anhoter man?, then DON'T MARRY ANOTHER MAN, but your preferences can not be imposed on another people, they have the rigth to chose who they marry, as long as they are coonsenting adults. and neither you nor ANYBODY sholud  have any say in the mater

using a 2000 year book as a guide of social interaction is .... not correct to say the least

Luis Carlos Pacheco

Magnum

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2014, 01:11:43 PM »
Chapter 22
18    I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, if any man shall add unto them, God shall add unto him the plagues which are written in this book:
19    and if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the tree of life, and out of the holy city, which are written in this book.

I think you do not understand the passage.

It means that anyone who adds or takes away from the words of Revelation.

You may want to check Revelation 22:15.

14“Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. 15Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.
Take care,
                   Andy

carlos

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2014, 01:20:20 PM »
Chapter 22
18    I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, if any man shall add unto them, God shall add unto him the plagues which are written in this book:
19    and if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the tree of life, and out of the holy city, which are written in this book.

I think you do not understand the passage.

It means that anyone who adds or takes away from the words of Revelation.

You may want to check Revelation 22:15.

14“Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. 15Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

You follow the bible,  2/3 of the world population DON'T follow it,   I don't follow it (I don't follow ANY religion, I don't believe in ANY god) many people in USA don't follow it,  YOU don't have the rigth to impose your ( or the bible) views upon them. or will you like to have the muslim, or budist, or comunist views ON YOU???? I guess not (I don't like it) Live and let live

Luis Carlos Pacheco

hutch--

• Administrator
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2014, 02:12:15 PM »
Andy,

The difference here is that YOU are trying to be the judge and that is not your role. When you act or support controlling other people on the basis of your religious view through the use of law, you are acting against the Gospel you claim to support. Now what I have suggested to you is to repent of your wicked ways, stop trying to be "like God" and leave the judgement of others to the day of Judgement. I am pleased to see that you at last understood the difference between John's Gospel and the Revelation of John but you yet to learn the lesson of not trying to grasp at the power that belongs to the creator.

When the serpent enticed Eve to take the fruit of the tree of Good and Evil, it was done on the basis of "you can be like God". Surely you can grasp that this is a foolish thing to do. Now to come back to the Heresy that you are trying to inflict on others, look again at the reference from the Revelation of John.

Chapter 22

Whether you understand it or not, you are trying to remove the directive that the author has made about leaving things as they are and we would hate to see you have your name scratched out of the Book Of Life through a failure to understand what you are doing.
hutch at movsd dot com

Magnum

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2014, 02:43:03 PM »
Interesting discussion.

Hope you have a great evening.

Take care,
                   Andy

anunitu

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2014, 06:59:46 PM »
I myself think we may have gone down the rabbit hole,programming is the grove we dance to,but this is a bit off topic... :icon_rolleyes:

Magnum

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2014, 07:32:36 AM »
That's why it's posted in the Colosseum.

But we are more advanced than gladiators. :-)

Take care,
                   Andy

jj2007

• Assembler is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2014, 12:54:49 PM »
Andy Taliban K.,

It seems Hutch has read the Holy Bible much more intensely than you will ever be able to do. Jesus had a very special view regarding hypocrits. Watch out, hell may still exist.

And be aware that you are dishonouring the U.S. flag by displaying it close to such bulls**t :icon_redface:

habran

• uasm
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2014, 02:52:19 PM »
Luis :t Carlos :t Pacheco :t  :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:
Cod-Father