Author Topic: Bloated Web Browser  (Read 11007 times)

zedd151

Re: Bloated Web Browser
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2015, 06:50:33 AM »
After using PaleMoon for a couple days, even it started working slow.

So now, I have reverted back to Internet Explorer. It works fine for this forum, just I can't

visit a lot of websites with it, for lack of compatibility.

But it is fine for now.  :eusa_snooty:

Big difference with Internet Explorer! :t
Loads pages almost instantly. Too bad about the compatibility issues though.

Total memory usage is around 27 MB, compared to 200MB + when I last checked with PaleMoon.
If I ever get a more stable internet connection, I will most likely go back to PaleMoon, or even
Firefox.
Nugget and Gypsy Youtube channel. New videos twice a week or so. If you like the videos, please subscribe and comment.  :biggrin:

zedd151

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2015, 01:27:44 AM »
Hehe..

I found GreenBrowser.

It is based on the IE engine apparently, so runs as fast as IE would.

Link to original posting describing it:

http://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=2561.msg26886#msg26886

So I am testing it for the time being (the portable version)

Seems to be packed with many features not present in IE....

So far, so good...

But since it is based on Internet Explorer still has the same compatibility issues.
so therefor, I keep a shortcut to PaleMoon close at hand.  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 02:31:23 AM by zedd151 »
Nugget and Gypsy Youtube channel. New videos twice a week or so. If you like the videos, please subscribe and comment.  :biggrin:

zedd151

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2015, 06:33:35 PM »
One really nice feature about GreenBrowser, is the ability to enable/disable:
images (just found out)
sounds
video
ActiveX
Java
Script (JavaScript??)
----
Enable Animations
EnableDownload Flash
Enable Dowload ActiveX

I turn all of them off, the browser gets even faster. :biggrin:

Only bad thing, it doesn't appear to store these settings.

Farabi

• Neuroscience Fans
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2015, 01:56:13 AM »
ARM and android had no past so they keep on with future, while Windows and Intel kept the legacy code runing. There is diference on performance impact based on such a  concept. Android optimized on size and memory, but unable to do multitasking or what we used to call multithreading, multiple windows ran at the same time, while android need us to destroy and recreate certain part in order to preserve memory. For those who used to use Windows, the first time using android might see it as a drawback, while for the new generation android seen as a superior machine because it fast and optimized.

I used Win 8.1 tablet, I thought I bought a cellphone then I get a desktop. It had GSM slot but I cant register my internet package even top up my number because there is no Dial or SMS feature, I dont know how is in there, but I need at least those two for my cellphone if this was considered one. The only thing I want from Intel-Windows device was, my lifetime research will be worked on at least a system.

Bloated webbrowser? Of course it was? I dont know why, based on the device manager, my system was a x64 system which ran a 32-bit OS, what does it mean? And it only had 1 Gbytes of RAM. Sounds like a good deal, but when it goes to Windows Desktop, it worth less than a low cost android tablet. Android had less storage, but fit for 200 apps, Im serious, intall MS Office and you will need a external harddisk with 1 TB storage which akward if you carried it everywhere.

But I like it, sounds cool, since I am the only one who use it. Win 8.1, and please, dont force me to update to Win 10, i dont want to carry storage everywhere, what I need is a cellphone.
http://farabidatacenter.url.ph/MySoftware/
My 3D Game Engine Demo.

Contact me at Whatsapp: 6283818314165