Author Topic: Do you know who your friends are ? :)  (Read 25631 times)

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
Re: Do you know who your friends are ? :)
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2015, 03:52:11 PM »
 :biggrin:

> Instead, ask "What am I?" or "Who am I?", stuff like that.

This is typically redundant, most variation of "I", "I think therefore I am", the Exodus burning bush, "I am that/because I am", and so on is by reduction the assertion "I", the rest is padding.  :P
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :skrewy:

K_F

• Anybody out there?
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2015, 05:17:43 PM »

Thou shall not utter too many futile words with a garrulous tongue not checked when addressing the high one or he will call down on thee every ill in thy limbs and bewitch thy wits.
That's heavy...!!
 ;)
'Sire, Sire!... the peasants are Revolting !!!'
'Yes, they are.. aren't they....'

rrr314159

« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2015, 04:15:55 AM »
Quote from: hutch
> Instead, ask "What am I?" or "Who am I?", stuff like that.

This is typically redundant, most variation of "I", "I think therefore I am", the Exodus burning bush, "I am that/because I am", and so on is by reduction the assertion "I", the rest is padding.  :P

- You'll never learn. The proper way to put such a comment is as follows,

Quote from: what hutch should ask
It seems to me this is redundant. As far as I can tell, most variation of "I", "I think therefore I am", the Exodus burning bush, "I am that/because I am", and so on is by reduction the assertion "I", the rest is padding. :P

However of course you know this already, rrr, so you must have a reason for this apparent redundancy. What is it?

- BTW I'm not bothering to correct the "Yoda-like" phrasing and grammar. For many people around here the threat to "bewitch thy wits" can't be carried out; they have no wits to bewitch :biggrin:
I am NaN ;)

hutch--

• Administrator
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2015, 05:49:11 AM »

Why does this sound like massaging one's ego in the absence of massaging one's reproductive organ ? It would seem that "bewitch thy wits" has already been achieved from the tomes of drivel you post.
hutch at movsd dot com

rrr314159

« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2015, 07:44:49 AM »
@hutch: Congrats, I knew you could write the King's English correctly! Just had to bust your b*lls a bit. Keep up the good work! :t

As you probably know, I was born into an Apartheid system in 'full swing'. ... as you get older things get a bit more obvious, but you're under a 'well oiled' system that controlled all aspects of life, the media..ect.

At first you believe their stories, but you start hearing nasty things about the country you live in...Only after travelling overseas and then seeing 'normality'.. does one then realise the extent of the wrong doing.

- You don't realize, K_F, we all went thru the same experience, one way or another. What you call 'normality' overseas was also a tissue of lies, "under a 'well oiled' system that controlled all aspects of life, the media". Particularly during the 1969 "Aquarius" era we realized "the extent of the wrong doing". Later we figured out: it was still all fouled up. In SA perhaps this evolution was more obvious; you had the whole world bitching at you; but fundamentally my life has been the same.

- Have you ever woken up from a dream - only to find you're still dreaming? Happens to me fairly often. Just last week, I woke up, thinking "wow that was a nasty dream!" ... wandered out to the living room, realized my house had been burgled! Guitars and car were stolen, my (single-car) garage door was jimmied. But then I said "wait a minute, I have a two-car garage!" Sure enough, I was still dreaming! One time, 20 years ago, I went thru two more iterations: had to "wake up" 4 times before I was back to this so-called "reality". (I'm still not entirely sure I ever made it back; often hope not. :icon_confused: )

- Anyway, that's what SA is doing. You woke up from the nightmare of apartheid, instituted a new system which you thought was "reality". But no - you're still dreaming!
I am NaN ;)

nidud

• https://github.com/nidud/asmc
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2015, 08:19:09 AM »
deleted
« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 10:44:39 AM by nidud »

rrr314159

« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2015, 10:17:16 AM »
Quote from: nidud
Right, so to avoid this [the "slaughterhouse"] we should do what?

- Don't forget, it's not us that are in for it, but the helpless: next generations, and animals (species). For you, me and hutch to avoid problems, we need only keep our heads down and enjoy our cushy lives for a few more decades.

- With that understanding I take your question to be, how can we stop the holocaust coming to these helpless individuals? Answer: we can't. The bankers are in charge. They're getting what they want, and are going to push us (actually, "them") right over the brink.

- But what you can do is speak up, as I have always done. Means giving up your comfort for no apparent benefit; but you can hope that after the holocaust, when the survivors (no doubt there will be some) are picking up the pieces, your futile example might inspire them.

Do you know anything about religion and history?

- You've read my comments for almost a year now, which (AFAIK) display knowledge of both. So - if you can ask such a question - evidently one of us knows little about r & h!

- Admittedly I'm no expert on Norse / Germanic myths. Only read thru that stuff once, long time ago. Studying it further is on my "to-do" list.

Yes, I hate when that happens ["awakening" into a dream].

- OTOH, I enjoy it immensely
I am NaN ;)

nidud

• https://github.com/nidud/asmc
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2015, 02:04:06 PM »
deleted
« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 10:44:51 AM by nidud »

rrr314159

« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2015, 02:26:54 PM »
nidud I'm thoroughly confused by your post. Either be sarcastic, or not; but the way you mix the two is impossible to sort out.

With regards to religion it would be interesting to know you’re expert opinion on the subject ... In other words I think you have a rather naïve view of religions connection to history.

- Which is it, expert opinion or naivete?

...which flavour a man with a Muslim viewpoint being absorbed by the Vedic religion of tolerance will have given it is all inclusive as you say without going into the Indian caste systems connection to Rig-Veda or The Classes of Mankind defined in the Norse Lay of Rig, or the philosophy of the Gold, Silver, and Bronze people by the Greeks...

- I can't figure out what the question is

When everybody is rich enough and satisfied, and not before, we're going to clean up the mess created in the process.

- is this sarcastic or serious? I hope, the former

Look, there are two things important for all mankind:

1.   To have something to complain about.
   2.   To have someone to blame when tings goes wrong.

- sarcasm I hope?

You complain about the government and assign all blame for all evil on the rich.

- Everybody complains about gov'ts, I'm no different. I assign all responsibility to the rich since they're in control. Never said they were evil; stupid, perhaps

- Beyond me to sort out this rant. Sarcasm is totally out of place in a serious discussion, but de rigueur in humor ... make up your mind which you're aiming at. Same with ad hominem: fine for humor, not for intelligent debate
I am NaN ;)

xanatose

« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2015, 04:43:57 PM »
But rrr is right, too, I'm afraid: Richest 1% will own more than all the rest by 2016.

Makes a lot on sense on a world where economies grow linearly (if at all) while interest grow exponentially. Plainly put, is impossible to pay the interest. So those who control the banks, end up owning everything. There is no legal way to avoid it as long as usury (charging of interest) remains legal. Of course it can be solved by using the Icelandic solution.

K_F

• Anybody out there?
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2015, 05:14:03 PM »
Makes a lot on sense on a world where economies grow linearly (if at all) while interest grow exponentially. Plainly put, is impossible to pay the interest. So those who control the banks, end up owning everything. There is no legal way to avoid it as long as usury (charging of interest) remains legal. Of course it can be solved by using the Icelandic solution.
This is why I laugh when my kids say that their friends are a lot richer than us. ( They have big scholarships in a private school so we pay small amounts while their friends parents pay large sums.)
To this we reply that they might be earning a lot of money, but they're wasting it buying big cars and large houses.. in which most cases the bank owns until they pay the last dime of the bond/loan/mortgage.

A bit of sensible home economics for them (and anybody else willing to listen)

I'd tell them that we bought small economic cars that use less fuel, and have no luxuries for the first 10 years. At the end of this we'd paid off our 20 year bond and owned everything we had.. from there we never were in debt, never lived beyond our needs and always paid cash.
If tomorrow, we'd say to them, the banks called in all loans, or their friend parents lost their incomes... the banks will take back everything.... they'll have nothing... BUT we'll have everything and still continue as normal, as planned.
A few friends have already lost everything... and the numbers are increasing.

The funny thing in not being in debt, is that you have the banks (and many others) sucking up to you, trying to entice you into silly little money grubbing policies/schemes and new 'client friendly' accounts... I quietly refuse and walk away..
 ;)

rrr314159

« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2015, 05:52:06 PM »
Quote from: xanatose
There is no legal way to avoid it as long as usury (charging of interest) remains legal.

- You'll always have the "problem" of the rich (actually, the real problem is the poor) ... but these days it's totally out of hand. In the US people with a few million - up to 10 or 20 - are no longer considered "rich", they're just well off. This level of wealth is perfectly acceptable (to me, that is). Billionaires, however, are a problem. Such inequality leads to 1% controlling everything - media, education, foreign policy, the law. So democracy, and the official gov't, becomes a farce; the country is effectively ruled by this small group. Since they own the law, of course there's no legal means to get rid of them; since their greed knows no bounds, the rest are condemned to a more and more marginal existence.

- No legal means, but there is an ethical way to bring them under control: force, a.k.a. violence. That's unethical, you say; but that's because they own the media and schools, and have propagandized you into believing that BS. Unfortunately force - revolution - has absolutely no chance; they own the army and police also. So you just have to let the decades pass and the disaster play itself out ... as they suck everything out of the system it will finally collapse: they'll have killed the goose (we the sheeple) that lays the golden egg

Quote from: K_F
This is why I laugh when my kids say that their friends are a lot richer than us.

- dunno whether to laugh or cry at your naivete. These friends are worth, perhaps, a few million, right? As Crocodile Dundee might say "That's not rich! This is rich" as he pulls Bloomberg, Gates, Blankfein out of his pocket. The US has a thousand billionaires, at the top getting close to 100 billion; and a few hundred thousands with 100s of millions. The idea of your kids being friends of theirs - it's so naïve I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Their kids wouldn't even spit on yours. They hang only with their own class, we're lower than dirt to them. The idea that they spend their money on "big cars and large houses" - what a joke! They buy such things as you would buy a meal, or pair of shoes. 99.9% of the money goes to buying governments, media conglomerates, international companies, revolutions overseas; stuff like that. Thus ensuring their continued dominance. Their meanest servants are, economically, about on the level of those "rich" friends of yours.
I am NaN ;)

K_F

• Anybody out there?
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2015, 06:42:47 PM »
You're missing the point about friends, money and 'class' (a bit of misnomer).. it's about perceived wealth, presented to them via visuals such as big cars and houses.
Not naive at all, just encouraging them to be shrewd with their money..... and not become a slave to the banking system, giving them more freedom of choice.

If one thinks about it.. the very long-term rich didn't achieve their wealth over night.. they work for it, careful with it.. and they usually don't show off.
Then when you have the dough.. it becomes how to best use it... (as you say)... but the kids have to start somewhere !

On my routine rounds on medical equipment, I'd stop at this one set of practices in gangsta land (drugs, guns.. you name it). The owner doctor drove a clapped out datsun..a rust bucket of note.
He is/was one of the richest doctors in town... Why did he drive such a car ? He was one smart guy  ;)

jj2007

• Assembly is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2015, 06:52:03 PM »
- You'll always have the "problem" of the rich (actually, the real problem is the poor) ... but these days it's totally out of hand. In the US people with a few million - up to 10 or 20 - are no longer considered "rich", they're just well off. This level of wealth is perfectly acceptable (to me, that is). Billionaires, however, are a problem. Such inequality leads to 1% controlling everything - media, education, foreign policy, the law. So democracy, and the official gov't, becomes a farce; the country is effectively ruled by this small group. Since they own the law, of course there's no legal means to get rid of them; since their greed knows no bounds, the rest are condemned to a more and more marginal existence ... as they suck everything out of the system it will finally collapse

I agree with almost everything, especially the bit about democracy being a farce nowadays (not only in the U.S.). Whether the rich will cause collapse, ecologically speaking, is debatable: Bill Gates can't spend a Million per day on eating t-bone steaks (one particularly damaging activity - cows need a lot of grain, and fart methane) because his stomach will say burp after the first one. Ecologically speaking, it's worse if that Million goes to a Million poor people who then spend it on a Million t-bone steaks per day.

IMHO ecological collapse is caused by two or three or five Billion non-poor people, not by the concentration of 50% of the World's wealth in the hands of 1%, and the concentration of power in the hands of 0.000000001% (and no, that number is no joke, it's just a realistic estimate). Which of the two problems is the bigger one is not so obvious, but they are linked in non-trivial ways. In any case, it's bad that we are sliding into neo-feudalism. Slaves we are, Panem et Circensis, iCrap for everybody :t

hutch--

• Administrator
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2015, 07:12:04 PM »
Its a funny distinction, old money versus new money. Old money is tight, careful, very low key, shun the limelight and often live in faded elegance in houses full of old worn out things. Contrast this with new money, flashy cars, ugly bad taste houses, expensive living, yuppie restaurants, endless gadgetry and so on. Old money begets old money, new money usually goes bust.
hutch at movsd dot com