News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

WebCam Video

Started by PriNet, November 28, 2015, 08:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siekmanski

Made some changes to the renderstream proc.....
Creative coders use backward thinking techniques as a strategy.

jj2007

Renderstream niet OK...

Attached my latest version, including a nice settings dialog.

Siekmanski

Your app works perfect here on my computer.  :t

"Renderstream niet OK..."  :(

It can drive you mad when it runs ok on one system and doesn't on another........  :icon_confused:

jj2007

Quote from: Siekmanski on December 02, 2015, 10:35:57 AMIt can drive you mad when it runs ok on one system and doesn't on another........  :icon_confused:

I know. I am maintaining a library that is supposed to work with Masm 6.15 ... 10.0 and JWasm and AsmC :P
Did you know that ML 6.15 occasionally but not reproducibly has problems with things like

@CatStr(<h>, <cName>, < equ DWORD PTR gcTable.gcHandle[guiCt*gcDATA]>)  ; bloody hell!

if (and only if) there is a comment behind it?  :eusa_boohoo:

qWord

no reason to complain jj - with such usage of EQU you are already in the land of undefined behavior. (because without angle brackets a constant (numeric) expression is expected)
MREAL macros - when you need floating point arithmetic while assembling!

PriNet

I hope I haven't missed too much here, I'm finally finished at work and back to see what has developed. What has transpired? Which app does someone want me to check on this machine? It looks like there have been several different options to try. Please let me know how I can help now that I'm done with work (till next week anyway *heh*). I appreciate everyone's input, hope to hear back on what y'all want me to test on this machine.
-G
There has GOT to be a harder way...

jj2007

Quote from: PriNet on December 04, 2015, 06:46:32 AMWhich app does someone want me to check on this machine?

That's easy to find, Gary, just start in page 1 of your thread, press Ctrl F, type .zip and hit F3 repeatedly. You can ignore the fake zips, i.e. attached images whose endings have been changed to .zip to fool the forum software - a bad habit btw because it costs server bandwidth.

Siekmanski

It seems that certain WebCams give back wrong format settings after enumeration. ( 0 bits, width 0, height 4 )
This was the reason why the program hung with some webcams.
TWell found this problem with a webcam he used. ( Thanks Tim  :t)
I borrowed a webcam and this one had the same issue so, I could now write code to skip those wrong format settings.
Added a WebCam Settings Dialog. Press F2
Hope this version will work now for all WebCams.
Let me know, then I'll clean up the source code and post it.

TWell

Biterider

It works here too with a Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000.
Biterider

Siekmanski

Thanks guys.  :biggrin:

It handles multiple Webcams and all bitmap resolutions and bitformats ( incl. HD res. ) the Webcam can produce.

jj2007

FORTRANS

HI,

Works here with Windows XP and a Gigaware "Webcam with
Retractable Cable".  FPS reports a faster frame rate than the
maximum FPS.  (Nice?)  Shows support for more than one
screen format.  Full screen looks good.  Nicely done.

Regards,

Steve N.

caraveiro

Came here searching for a solution for the "WM_CAP_DRIVER_CONNECT" and "Video Setup" dialog popup Error.

FOUND the solution:

It's a driver problem. Use the OEM's driver, because the Generic Microsoft Drivers are NOT working for your camera.

Use www.astra32.com to find out the USB camera's device info: Manufacturer or Model; then google for the correct drivers.

Good Luck!

P.S. for robots:
"SOLVED" "WM_CAP_DRIVER_CONNECT" "Video Setup"
"knowledge is now free at last, everything should be free from now on, enjoy knowledge and life and work for everybody else"
+ORC