Message to All Guests
NB: Posting URL's See here: Posted URL Change

Main Menu

HJWasm Releases

Started by johnsa, January 16, 2016, 08:24:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnsa

Quote from: Grincheux on January 27, 2016, 04:29:32 AM
QuoteOnce resolved we will be putting source-code up in github (+wiki and issues pages etc).

Where are they?

They will be published to github once version 2.13 is stable, there isn't much point before-hand. If this last issue reported (due to today's update ) resolves all remaining issues then I will set it up tomorrow.
The links will be available from the hjwasm website and I'll share them here.

Regards,
John

johnsa

Quote from: Grincheux on January 27, 2016, 04:30:40 AM
I posted questions about JWAsm cmdline and never get an answer. I hope, one day perhaps...

What was the question?  ::)

johnsa

Binaries and download packages have been updated on the hjwasm site http://www.terraspace.co.uk/hjwasm.html.

The source code has been hosted on Github at : https://github.com/Terraspace/HJWasm

Let us know if there are any issues with this latest build (fingers crossed this is now the stable 2.13) and we can continue with new features and improvements.

Grincheux

In the previous version when I did :
Quotejwlink FORMAT WINDOWS PE OPTION NORELOCS,CHECKSUM,ELIMINATE,MAP,NORELOCS,NXCOMPAT,FILLCHAR=42 RESOURCE T01.res FILE T01.obj RUNTIME WINDOWS

It told me that I was creating a QNX file and OPTIONS were not valid.
When I change the command line by :

Quotejwlink  FORMAT WINDOWS PE RUNTIME WINDOWS OPTION NORELOCS,CHECKSUM,ELIMINATE,MAP,NORELOCS,NXCOMPAT,FILLCHAR=42 RESOURCE T01.res FILE T01.obj

It is OK.

With this new version I can have any command line it is OK

Quotejwlink  FORMAT WINDOWS PE RUNTIME WINDOWS OPTION NORELOCS,CHECKSUM,ELIMINATE,MAP,NORELOCS,NXCOMPAT,FILLCHAR=42 RESOURCE T01.res FILE T01.obj
JWlink Version 1.9beta 13
Portions Copyright (c) 1985-2002 Sybase, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Source code is available under the Sybase Open Watcom Public License.
loading object files
searching libraries
creating map file
creating a PE executable
Deleted: T01.obj
Deleted: T01.res

Make done.

habran

Cod-Father

GoneFishing

Congratulation with first release on GitHub  :t

I know  you may dislike this question ...
Is HJWasm meant to be windows-only assembler ?  Does it still contain functionality  needed to produce ELF binaries ?
Are bug reports / inquiries on this functionality  accepted ?

What do you think about further JWLink development?

Thanks

johnsa

HJWasm still contains all the existing code from JWasm relating to ELF/OMF and other output formats, so it is technically still supported.
I would consider making required improvements to ELF support (as it is still a modern format in use).
We still need to package up a set of binaries for Linux at some point.

I personally (although this is just my personal opinion) wouldn't look to build any new functionality or binaries for other platforms or output formats as there really isn't any reason for anyone to still be using DOS or OS/2 etc.. (some may disagree).

What might be a nice addition at some point is Mach-O output and OSX binaries, but it's not something I've investigated at all.

I personally have no intention of working on JWLINK as I've never had a need for it.

That being said, I'm more than happy to add the current version + source onto the existing site and github repo's.. (mainly so there is a common source) and others can join in and work on it if they see fit, it is OSS after all :)

Grincheux

One of my questions : http://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=5063.0
They are in the Campus because  I think this place is only reserved for new versions.
Many of my questions are about cmd lines

habran

Sorry Grincheux, I am not familiar with JWLink, I hope someone can answer that question to you from this forum
I did not work on JWLink, but if I ever decide to work on it, I will make it have the same commands as Microsoft linker
Cod-Father

johnsa

Binaries have been updated (dated 27th Jan 2016) on http://www.terraspace.co.uk/hjwasm.html

Changes:
1) vextractf128 was encoding the source and destination registers the wrong way around.
2) INCBIN has been heavily optimised, 14mb of incbin data now takes an additional 1-2sec assemble time for me as opposed to 7-8 seconds.

Git repositories are up to date and issues logged.

Regards,
John

GoneFishing

JOHNSA, thank you for quick reply
I don't have GitHub account so I post here first and very important feature request:
#27 System V AMD64 ABI convention
Please, add it as an  enhancement .
Without doubt, it's priority number 1 ( talking about Linux functionality)

Next two as discussed in this thread 64bit linux ELF issues are support for shared objects ( arguable ) and for DWARF debugging information format (important) .

I compiled HJWasm  with GCC 4.8.4 
NOTE:  In order to build it for testing purposes function strcmpi was (currently) replaced with strcasecmp in files: hll.c and invoke.c
The output of GCC with lots of warnings (first run , unmodified hll.c and invoke.c) is  attached in archive

Please, let me know if I can help you  in packaging up a setup of binaries for Linux.
At the moment I'm fighting to death with OWLinux.mak  ( which is makefile version for Windows )

BTW , could you , please,  explain  the meaning of HJWasm's logo string:
QuoteHJWasm v2.13.32bit.
I mean ".32bit" part of it .       

P.S.: Please, could you provide a simple example that takes advantages of high level capabilities and features of HJWasm ?

TouEnMasm

64 bits version on http://www.terraspace.co.uk/hjwasm.html

----------------------------- option win64 : 11;4;7;3,7,11 ;<<<<<<<<<<< ligne 17, 11=B -----------------------
H:\sdkrc81\shared\sdk64.inc(17) : Error A2235: Constant value too large: Bh
H:\sdkrc81\shared\sdk64.inc(17): Included by

It's an old version,2.12
Fa is a musical note to play with CL

nidud

deleted

johnsa

Hi,

I've created those issues on the github page and copied across all the details from the sourceforge threads, I'm sure we can do something about some of them at least :)

The logo, at least the .32bit or .64bit part is the build target, so .32bit would be a PE, .64bit a PE+(x64) binary.

I am already putting together an extend set of samples to include into the packages :) great minds!

Help with Linux builds would be fantastic, when I get a chance I will try to get a linux box setup here to use as well.