Author Topic: South African judge sparks racism row  (Read 6067 times)

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :skrewy:

K_F

• Anybody out there?
Re: South African judge sparks racism row
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 09:04:06 PM »
I don't have facebook but there are various reports on this in the media, where they all quote something slightly different.
From what I can tell, she said something about black, or local culture that find it OK to rape.. of course this is then blown up to racism.

While.. this is actually true, and it's that deep culture thing that I mentioned in an earlier post.
A few years ago the GALA movement had their marriages legalised, and this culture were actually saying openly that they are going to rape black woman gays.
Whether that happened or not I have no idea, but just the fact they thought like that, is what I think this judge is hitting at - but nothing like turning a bad story into a white racist one  :biggrin:
Somebody has to talk about this problem and expose it.. (like Trump in the USA), but a white person telling the black culture they have a problem... and their heads go straight up where the sun don't shine.  :icon_exclaim:
With regard to racism, it's still rife here and in every direction, and the cANCer would deny this .. but start asking difficult questions and laugh at the answers.. sadly!!  ;)

Rapes go on here unabated, and a lot is not reported as the police are now ineffectual (or not interested), and the stats are not updated - that earlier post about our stats being 'smothered'.
What you are starting to see more of, is crowd justice.. and these deep culture (I won't say that word  :biggrin:) when caught on the slightest suspicion, are fatally mutilated beyond recognition.
'Sire, Sire!... the peasants are Revolting !!!'
'Yes, they are.. aren't they....'

rrr314159

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 08:26:34 AM »
What the heck, to each his own. Whatever their culture is, it's worked fine for tens of thousands of years. According to anthropologists (who, admittedly, can't be trusted) many African cultures didn't know where babies come from (when questioned around 1800). The reason was, all girls started immediately at puberty, so there was never a chance to notice the cause and effect! Unfortunately I don't have any references handy and I doubt you'll find it on the net; have to search in the back stacks at an old library.

Meanwhile my "superior" culture will soon (half a century I guess) self-destruct, taking half the world with it. Let everyone tend his own garden, as Voltaire recommended.
I am NaN ;)

hutch--

• Administrator
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 12:30:11 PM »
Funny enough a few years ago I saw the doco on local justice in a village in South Africa. Some guy raped a teenage girl in the village and the girl went to the village head honcho so they dragged the guy out of his house, took him to a village meeting place, stripped him bare and tied him to a post in front of the rest of the vliiage. They then gave the girl some unusual type of whip called a sjambok and she gave him a very sound flogging with it in front of the whole village. Justice seemed to work in this context.
hutch at movsd dot com

jj2007

• Assembly is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 05:13:28 PM »
local justice in a village in South Africa. Some guy raped a teenage girl in the village and the girl ... gave him a very sound flogging with it in front of the whole village.

Why does the whole village allow the girl to punish the guy if rape is part of their culture??  ::)

[Mabel Jansen, a High Court Judge in the Pretoria] purportedly stated: "In their culture a woman is there to pleasure them. Period. "I still have to meet a black girl who was not raped at about 12. I am dead serious.  "Murder is also is not a biggy. And gang rapes of baby, daughter and mother [are] a pleasurable pastime.

As "judge" Jansen demonstrates, Racism is part of white South African "culture". Period. And I still have to meet a black woman who was raped, at any age (I've met quite a number).

Raistlin

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2016, 07:51:17 PM »
This is why I'am a very strong proponent of having NO-SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS, it opens cans of worms, cupboards and
all Pandora type boxes. Comments are always taken out of context, making you the target for I.D.10.T errors. You leave
a legacy of comments that can be held against you - even if you become older and wiser later. Even associations with so-called
followers can get you into hot water. NOT WORTH IT !
Are you pondering what I'm pondering? It's time to take over the world ! - let's use ASSEMBLY...

K_F

• Anybody out there?
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2016, 09:49:36 PM »
As "judge" Jansen demonstrates, Racism is part of white South African "culture". Period. And I still have to meet a black woman who was raped, at any age (I've met quite a number).
If you look at the world at large racism is everywhere, to varying degrees.. including yourself, although you'd deny it  ;)

jj2007

• Assembly is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2016, 10:03:25 PM »
including yourself, although you'd deny it  ;)

I know perfectly well that I am a bit racist, but I am not proud to be a racist.

Raistlin

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2016, 10:14:12 PM »
Racism in its varying forms, like religion; is engraved to large extent from birth. How do we untangle such; I ask you truthfully.

It's the US versus THEM identity crisis.

Ask an Israeli what he  thinks of a Palestinian or visa versa. A mainland Italian what he thinks of a Sicilian and visa versa. A Portuguese person
what he thinks of an Madeira'n.  What a South Korean thinks of a North- , and the list goes on and on and on and on and on.......

Black and White is the most prominent perceptual difference - and that why South Africans get the brunt of international criticisms, however the
illogical same applies as per my initial examples.

Look to yourself and your failings before you look at others and theirs..... [This post is not directed at any person or anyone's comments in the MASM forum]
Are you pondering what I'm pondering? It's time to take over the world ! - let's use ASSEMBLY...

sinsi

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2016, 10:21:14 PM »
It's easy to be an inadvertent racist, that's human nature, what you were exposed to as a kid.
It always boils down to us (me) versus them, be it a football side, a country, a religion or a race.

Australia is a multi-cultural society, but racist as hell - just like your country (probably).
It ain't gonna change...racism Trumps all.

edit: Agree with you Raistlin
[This post is not directed at any person or anyone's comments in the MASM forum]

jj2007

• Assembly is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2016, 10:22:12 PM »
A mainland Italian what he thinks of a Sicilian

Sure, there is an element of racism in the way people of Rome, Milan or Palermo judge each other. But they know to be a bit racist, they are making jokes about themselves being racist, in short: it's a fun thing. Italians are racists but not evil. I often observe how gentle and polite they are with the many Africans going around selling souvenirs here. Italy is a very civilised country.

And never ever would the average Milanese call all Romans a "cancer". Of course, there are scumbags like Salvini whom I would not trust 8)

K_F

• Anybody out there?
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2016, 10:59:40 PM »
Funny enough a few years ago I saw the doco on local justice in a village in South Africa. Some guy raped a teenage girl in the village and the girl went to the village head honcho so they dragged the guy out of his house, took him to a village meeting place, stripped him bare and tied him to a post in front of the rest of the vliiage. They then gave the girl some unusual type of whip called a sjambok and she gave him a very sound flogging with it in front of the whole village. Justice seemed to work in this context.
There was a case this week, where the 'village', had served justice on 2 'rapists'.. only to find they were mistaken a month later.

One has to feel for this justice system that struggles to deal with the dregs of society every day, and sees the worst of it.
This judge would just be commenting on what she experiences every day in court..  baby rapes and muti-murders, teenage and other rapes and murders
The person who 'exposed' this comment cannot be reached for comment.. rather conveniently - then we'd get the whole story.
 ;)

hutch--

• Administrator
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2016, 11:29:26 PM »
I admit to being a "victim" of racism. I used to run a business polishing high end metalwork and after a hard days work I was blacker than a west African. I stopped in to see a customer in an area that had a large population of aboriginal Australians and when a couple of guys saw me leaving the building they told me I was not good looking enough to be the real thing. We all had a good laugh over that one.
hutch at movsd dot com

rrr314159

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2016, 02:58:54 AM »
jj207: Italians are racists but not evil.

- Most people are like that, in all places I've lived. That includes a couple dozen countries all over the world. Such "benign racism" is natural, unavoidable, and no problem; indeed, "variety is the spice of life". Admittedly I don't have first-hand knowledge of SA (very little second-hand, either). And admittedly, "malign racism" does exist (as we all know) and can be very ugly sometimes. Oh well, no one's perfect.

BTW it may be hard to believe but I've always gotten along better with Blacks than with my own race. They seem more interested in living, than in telling others how to live. But again, I've never been to SA!
I am NaN ;)

K_F

• Anybody out there?
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2016, 07:09:59 AM »
But again, I've never been to SA!
Well I can say that..
Having lived here most of my life.. I'm white and not racist... I actually have white friends :t
 :biggrin: