News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

easy code ide can't show struct members?

Started by buskysnow, June 04, 2016, 05:20:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buskysnow

when i type a struct variable followed a full point ,i hope it could show me the struct members ,like WinAsm Studio.

i hope that  this function could be added in next version .

forgive me about my poor english...

could anyone understand what i say?

jj2007

Hi Busky,

Welcome to the forum :icon14:

Your English is perfect, and it's clear what you want. This feature will require some parsing of the source, example:

wcx WNDCLASSEX <WNDCLASSEX, MyWinStyle, WndProc, 0, 0, 1, 2, 3, COLOR_BTNFACE+1, 0, txClass, 4>

wc equ [ebx.WNDCLASSEX] ; we use an equate for better readability

Both versions would have to be recognised. Feasible but it would be some work, also to ensure that it does not slow down the whole IDE. Maybe an idea for a plugin, also for qEditor?

buskysnow

Quote from: jj2007 on June 04, 2016, 06:27:24 PM
Hi Busky,

Welcome to the forum :icon14:

Your English is perfect, and it's clear what you want. This feature will require some parsing of the source, example:

wcx WNDCLASSEX <WNDCLASSEX, MyWinStyle, WndProc, 0, 0, 1, 2, 3, COLOR_BTNFACE+1, 0, txClass, 4>

wc equ [ebx.WNDCLASSEX] ; we use an equate for better readability

Both versions would have to be recognised. Feasible but it would be some work, also to ensure that it does not slow down the whole IDE. Maybe an idea for a plugin, also for qEditor?
Thanks for your reply.I am a beginner. I can understand what you said .But i can't uderstand well about the code you post. Could you write a simple but complete code for me? Thanks a lot !

jj2007

Quote from: buskysnow on June 04, 2016, 07:47:48 PMCould you write a simple but complete code for me? Thanks a lot !

There is plenty of code in \Masm32\Examples\*.asm - enjoy :t

rsala

Hi buskysnow,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for using Easy Code.

The context help for struct members is not yet implemented. It is not an easy task and I do not know when I will be able to implement it.

Regards!
EC coder

jj2007

To launch an idea how to implement it: Attached AllStructs.jjn, the source that creates it, and a reader for the jjn file (with comfortable search).
Basically, it collects all structures in \masm32\include, and formats them so that the members are clearly identified.
Example: the "x" in POINT reads CrLf, 32, x, 9, DWORD

@=POINT STRUCT
x DWORD ?
y DWORD ?
POINT ENDS
@=POINTL STRUCT
x DWORD ?
y DWORD ?
POINTL ENDS
@=POINTS STRUCT
x WORD ?
y WORD ?
POINTS ENDS
@=RECT STRUCT
left dd ?
top dd ?
right dd ?
bottom dd ?
RECT ENDS

buskysnow

Quote from: jj2007 on June 05, 2016, 10:56:44 PM
To launch an idea how to implement it: Attached AllStructs.jjn, the source that creates it, and a reader for the jjn file (with comfortable search).
Basically, it collects all structures in \masm32\include, and formats them so that the members are clearly identified.
Example: the "x" in POINT reads CrLf, 32, x, 9, DWORD

:greenclp:I am  really appreciate you for helping me.And that tools you offered are very useful. :t :t :t
I hope that there are no grammer mistakes.Thanks A lot .

buskysnow

Quote from: rsala on June 05, 2016, 07:09:49 PM
Hi buskysnow,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for using Easy Code.

The context help for struct members is not yet implemented. It is not an easy task and I do not know when I will be able to implement it.

Regards!

Thank you  for offering us such a good software.All i could do is just say thank you ... :t :t :t :t :t :t

rsala

Thank you for your kind words about EC. I am really glad you like it.
:t
EC coder