News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Hardware Enumerator [pre-release]

Started by Raistlin, January 24, 2017, 10:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aw27

Everybody does, some do it more than others.

zedd151

Raistlin

Hey this is bug hunting at it's finest - as I've mentioned several times, I do not have
access to all possible configurations - nor could I realistically get hold of all configurations out there -
so these kinds of issues are bound to happen and are most welcome! We all learn
from them I'am sure. This is a fairly large project after-all. Finding a bug - makes the code
quality better in the end, rather than not knowing you had a bug in the first place.  :t 

But it would stand to reason that if the hyper-visor (VM) is tweaking CPUID function reports
in order to support the client OS - why are they not disabling the AVX switch for known
non-supported OS's ?

Thanks for the heads-up AW on the xgetbv thing. Learnt something again. :bgrin:
Are you pondering what I'm pondering? It's time to take over the world ! - let's use ASSEMBLY...

zedd151

Finding a bug - makes the code quality better in the end, rather than not knowing you had a bug in the first place

Which is why also, it is good to post it here in the forum, where other members can test it on their particular system setup/configuration/ etc.
Better here than releasing it out in the wild after running a few rudimentary tests. 

zedd151

New Hardware :lol:
Actually its an older Gateway Laptop. Running Windows 10 32 bit via USB drive.   :bgrin:

Raistlin

Due to people bugging me for it - I've added the old source-code for the DLL in the first post of this thread.
No guarentees whats-o-ever ! The code attachment was somewhat different to what actually made it into the
larger project we were working on at the time, but matches the v.08 sample app that was posted - I think  :rolleyes:
Are you pondering what I'm pondering? It's time to take over the world ! - let's use ASSEMBLY...