Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Assembling too long

Started by Vuk123, June 16, 2017, 09:35:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vuk123

Hi guys,

i am using visual studio 2015 with Irvine library, but assembling non simple program (more than 10 lines) takes few minutes. Any ideas on why is this happening?

jj2007

My crystal ball is currently not working. Maybe you could post your code, and some more info on your configuration?
Btw how much .data do you reserve for your variables?

Vuk123

I have visual studio 2015 and i followed instructions from Irvine's website(downloaded Irvine lib and sample project). This code just opens file and store it's data in InputBuffer variable. Any help is appreciated. Thank you

felipe

Maybe it would be a good idea putting the code with the '#' option. Probably it will be more easy for others to help you.  :icon14:

sinsi

There is a problem with ML and large buffers (in this case 256*256*20 bytes) which takes a long time to create the .obj

One other possible problem,
mov InputBuffer[eax], 0
If the file is exactly the size of InputBuffer you have a buffer overrun problem.

JoeBr

Also, your var declaration
(nope, Sinsi already got it and I didn't READ IT, mybad :()
On that, look up the GlobalAlloc() and HeapAlloc() API calls, and also GlobalFree() and HeapFree() for deallocation.
Joe

Vuk123

Thanks guys, changing Buffer Size solved my problem. You are life savers. Thank you again :D