Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

MathArt's Interface and the BITMAP thing

Started by HSE, June 18, 2017, 07:34:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HSE

Hi all!

Take me almost a couple of years...  begin to work!

From the rrr post I was thinking it's a good idea for development and test of a Layout, controls, and others.

Also important how to show rrr images. Very useful some Vortex and Hutch contributions to latest Clamicum topics.

Finally, a good oportunity to use the mangle tool!

Still a little preliminar, with some leaks, flickerings, etc

It's posible to build the original rrr console program with "RRRoriginal equ 1"

Regards. HSE 

LATER:
            I forgot to mention that MathArt assemble with JWAsm, and ObjAsm32 collide with HJWASM... then AsmC is the only option!

-----------------------------------
         UPDATED      07 October 2017
-----------------------------------
Equations in Assembly: SmplMath

Biterider

jj2007

HSE

Thanks!

Of course the merit it's for rrr! With an easy interface MathArt is almost "hypnotic"  :biggrin: 

hutch--

Definitely different and looks great here.

HSE

Updated the binary. I omited some initializations (polinomy and centering were not working) and ... I forgot commented the function to save the BMP :icon_redface:

Also I forgot to mention that with console linking you can see some messages.

rrr314159

Thanks, HSE, for working with MathArt! This is, of course, a lot easier to use than my original version.

I made a dynamic version called "MathMovie" a while ago. It uses the mouse to move around the picture, and zooms in with the wheel. It has combo boxes and hot keys for most of the inputs. Updates in real time. So, when you zoom, or change the palette, it happens instantly. Goes very fast on my I5 and is satisfactory on A6. In "movie" mode the picture changes by itself, you can just sit back and watch it go.

It's quite addictive. You can play with it for hours. When you see a BMP you're happy with you can save it. I had a portfolio of the pictures printed and have exhibited them at local art shows. Everyone likes them (hundreds of people). But I made few sales, seems there's no real market for it. If they were hand-drawn instead of computer generated they would sell very well.

There's also a different MathMovie with similar algorithms, makes even cooler pictures. Go to consciousparticles.com/gallery.html for three pages of these images. There are many more where those came from! "Conscious particles", BTW, was the inspiration for a lot of this work.

I was never really happy with these programs. A lot of the code is horrible hack job. I was embarrassed to post it. Unfortunately my health went south a year ago and it's unlikely I'll ever get around to cleaning up these programs.

I'd be happy to dump all them on you, or anyone who wants them.

Here's something you don't know about old mathematicians: nothing makes them happier than younger people caring about their work! So thanks for caring about MathArt.
I am NaN ;)

HSE

Hi rrr!

I'm not qualified to judge your code, but in the case of MathArt the result is magnificent  :t

There is a lot of possibilities with more graphical interfaces. I maked the effort of auto-restrain because the purpose here is a general interface, with standards components,  to be used in some standard way, for example to control simulations and data management.  Naturally, with this images everybody forget the interface instantaneously.  :biggrin:

Sad to know your health is not well, for sure the code beauty is the least of your concerns (some Chess or GO game perhaps in the middle!). Because I think most of your code it's very specific (and for sure we can't improve it very much), the only indispensable thing is a title that allow to findit it, perhaps just a little text file in the directory. Post here or whatever place (send us in last case). Beyond that it's the reader pleasure to find the way. For example, here I'm using a 1999 Ron Thomas routine that I never see before, but when you search is there. Like in Science, most of the time you never know the value of your contribution, and sometimes is unexpected.

Thank you to you rrr for share MathArt. HSE         

HSE

Updated:

- Lab Mode implemented
- Console capture
- Some better controls
- Little improvements to layout

If you change BMP size (ri or rj) then you to have to click twice the calculation button (first to erase previous image).

Regards. HSE

rrr314159

Thanks HSE, seems to work perfectly. Recommend you show the pictures to non-coder friends, you'll get a much more enthusiastic reaction. Typical assembler coders like art about as much as that horse in your avatar picture does.

Assembler programmer's motto: "If you can't code it, eat it, drink it, or f**k it, forget it" :biggrin:
I am NaN ;)

jj2007

Quote from: rrr314159 on June 25, 2017, 03:01:44 AMAssembler programmer's motto: "If you can't code it, eat it, drink it, or f**k it, forget it" :biggrin:

Rarely seen such a precise description of our species :icon_mrgreen:

HSE

Quote from: rrr314159 on June 25, 2017, 03:01:44 AM
"If you can't code it, eat it, drink it, or f**k it, forget it" :biggrin:
:biggrin: (MathArt+ObjAsm32= imposible)   

Quote from: rrr314159 on June 25, 2017, 03:01:44 AM
as that horse in your avatar picture
It's a portrait of Tschiffely and Mancha in their travel Buenos Aires-Washington, I think was maked in St. Louis in 1928. The other horse, Gato, was no so famous, suffer some injuries and travel by train in México, and also from St. Louis to the East because cars were dangerous for traveling with 2 horses.

rrr314159

Quote from: jj2007 on June 25, 2017, 03:47:54 AM
Quote from: rrr314159 on June 25, 2017, 03:01:44 AMAssembler programmer's motto: "If you can't code it, eat it, drink it, or f**k it, forget it" :biggrin:

Rarely seen such a precise description of our species :icon_mrgreen:

Hope no one takes it the wrong way! Assembler programmers are more practical, engineering-oriented types, that's all. Art (Math or otherwise) simply isn't real high on their to-do list. There's nothing wrong with that. And there's nothing wrong with coding, eating, drinking, and so forth, either :biggrin:
I am NaN ;)

jj2007