Author Topic: I dunno, but MS looks to be messing it up.. ?  (Read 4390 times)

K_F

• Anybody out there?
I dunno, but MS looks to be messing it up.. ?
« on: August 31, 2012, 06:18:03 AM »
Got Win7-Pro - Somehow lost my Dexplore ability to view SDK files, so I tried to download it from MS...

Genuine what'sit completely botched it so no chance of that SDK download...
Got Win7SDK iso from MS.. onto CD then tried to intall - some problem so it unravelled itself == £$%""£$%fookit
Got stuck into the cab files.. extracted the win32 stuff and dxeplore... some other problem == hhmmmmpphh
OK... Regedit the problem areas into space... Try Win7SDK again... same old sh1t...

MS are not going to screw me with their cruddy install systems...
I've got an SDK somewhere on my disks.. somewhere.... Ah!! WinSDK6 - installed no problem!!
Installed H2Viewer and I'm good to go  :t

Now the problem is that with the Win7SDK... if it bombs during installation you cannot reinstall without uninstalling the installation that you haven't installed - go figure  :shock:
I poked around the registry and deleted any reference to SDK7.. which still didn't solve the problem of uninstallation.. so the details are somewhere else in the registry.
Well done MS  :t

Also to mention... in the Win7 registry.. a load of absolute rubbish is installed into it ... it like registry abuse to the extreme... Ah!! Registry Racism - Now this is a good term  :biggrin:
'Sire, Sire!... the peasants are Revolting !!!'
'Yes, they are.. aren't they....'

KeepingRealBusy

Re: I dunno, but MS looks to be messing it up.. ?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 06:28:28 AM »
K_F,

Which is why I always take a full system save before I try to install any MS product. To uninstall, just restore the system. And do not depend on MS restore points or saves to get you out of the mess. I use Norton Ghost and save and restore from the bootable CD (used to use PowerQuest Drive Image until Symantic bought them).

Dave.

K_F

• Anybody out there?
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 08:27:16 AM »
Is anything from Norton any good.. coz they went bloat.. bananas, absolutely useless at some stage.
Norton was worse than any AVs from what I remember  :icon_mrgreen:

KeepingRealBusy

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 08:36:21 AM »
K_F,

But their Ghost is a modified PowerQuest DiskImage, even to their animation Icons while copying the data.

Dave.

K_F

• Anybody out there?
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 08:58:54 AM »
I'll give it a go  :t