Author Topic: Tony Blair should face trial over Iraq war, says Desmond Tutu.  (Read 24701 times)

Gunther

• Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
Re: Tony Blair should face trial over Iraq war, says Desmond Tutu.
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2012, 06:35:54 AM »
Hi satpro,

Gunther,

Do you any 65816 experience?  Wait, this is The Colosseum.  Do you have any Democratic 65816 experience?

Could you explain your question, please?

Gunther
You have to know the facts before you can distort them.

anunitu

« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2012, 08:22:57 AM »
I think the 65816 refers to a chip,I think Macintosh used also it was used in the Commodore computer after they gave up on the 6502 line.

satpro

« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2012, 11:03:56 AM »
Hi satpro,

Gunther,

Do you any 65816 experience?  Wait, this is The Colosseum.  Do you have any Democratic 65816 experience?

Could you explain your question, please?

Gunther

Gunther,
Yes, I was wondering if you had ever programmed the 65816 or 6502 cpu.  In the 80s, many German programmers produced assembly code nobody else could touch.  Revolutionary, boundary-pushing stuff.  I was hoping maybe you were part of that?  I am looking for source code to an assembler, monitor, and disassembler for my C=Eclipse project (a modern-day 80s computer with a mythical 65832).  The DirectX, cpu, and memory manager are done.  Working on DOS now.  I tore apart the old Buddy assembler but it has some tricky spaghetti code (self-modifying) that is no fun to dig through, especially without source.

I still program in 6502/65816 some but tackling an assembler from scratch as an add-on could take a while.  It'll get done, but I was hoping to cheat a little.  :eusa_naughty:

Thanks

dedndave...  great picture!

dedndave

• Still using Abacus 2.0
    • DednDave
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2012, 06:21:26 PM »
actually, i would just go after bush, cheney, and rumsfeld
those were the real perpetrators
the rest were probably just puppets
and, whether they were puppets or not, could use "just following orders" as a defense
no need to waste taxpayer money trying to prosecute them

MichaelW

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2012, 06:50:47 PM »
I think all of them were “just following orders”.
Well Microsoft, here’s another nice mess you’ve gotten us into.

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2012, 09:09:16 PM »
I think with Paul Wolfowitz the old expression "There is no fool like an old fool" had some meaning. After a failed assassination attempt in Baghdad by the Iraqi resistence, he retired from politics and took up a post with a world scale financial institution. Left his wife for his Iranian girlfriend who ditched him when the sh*t hit the fan.

When you see results like this you know there is justice in the world.  :biggrin:
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :skrewy:

Gunther

« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2012, 01:13:03 AM »
Hi satpro,

Gunther,
Yes, I was wondering if you had ever programmed the 65816 or 6502 cpu.  In the 80s, many German programmers produced assembly code nobody else could touch.  Revolutionary, boundary-pushing stuff.  I was hoping maybe you were part of that?  I am looking for source code to an assembler, monitor, and disassembler for my C=Eclipse project (a modern-day 80s computer with a mythical 65832).  The DirectX, cpu, and memory manager are done.  Working on DOS now.  I tore apart the old Buddy assembler but it has some tricky spaghetti code (self-modifying) that is no fun to dig through, especially without source.

I still program in 6502/65816 some but tackling an assembler from scratch as an add-on could take a while.  It'll get done, but I was hoping to cheat a little.  :eusa_naughty:

Thanks

dedndave...  great picture!

no, I haven't any 6502 experience. My experiences are in the legendary Z80 area. That was at the begin of the 80s the industrial standard, while the 6502 was wide spread in the home area.

Gunther

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2012, 01:16:47 AM »
Gunther,

My older brother is a Z80 man but he never migrated to x86 and hates it. He was mainly doing industrial control of electronics with it, he is an electronic hardware man.
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :skrewy:

Gunther

« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2012, 01:46:17 AM »
Steve,

a long story short: I had my first programming experiences with the IBM 370 in PL/1 and IBM assembler. I had to calculate a lot of electrical generators for power stations in Tampere (Finland), Renusagar (India), or Montreal (Canada). At the begin of the 80s came the Z80 and that was a hard way down from the IBM 370 and believe me: very tricky. I was very happy about the advent of the 8086 with the greater address space etc.

Gunther

anunitu

« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2012, 05:51:01 AM »
I started with a Commodore 64 and taught myself 6502 assembler,but neve got all that good with it. I think what you are talking about were those guys that found a way to program in such a way it would fit into memory,and some of it was self altering code,it would actually rewrite itself to do another task on the fly. I studied code like that,and it is next to impossible to follow the logic. So much easier when you have almost unlimited memory to play with. I did play around with a little Z-80,but that with Z-80 emulators,and I know You had to configure the system with your hardware to get it to even run. I knew some guys that worked with actual Z-80 on many different hardware.

Gunther

« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2012, 08:59:54 PM »
Hi anunitu,

I knew some guys that worked with actual Z-80 on many different hardware.

yes, Zilog's Z80 was a fantastic chip. 8 bit wide but it was able to do some 16 bit operations. The 64 KB address range was a hard limitation.

Gunther

CodeDog

« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2012, 06:33:26 AM »

Gunther

« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2012, 05:46:40 AM »
Hi CodeDog,

very nice images- :t

Gunther