Author Topic: Why you live longer owning a gun.  (Read 31049 times)

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
Why you live longer owning a gun.
« on: September 04, 2012, 04:31:34 PM »
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :skrewy:

K_F

• Anybody out there?
Re: Why you live longer owning a gun.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 06:52:20 PM »
When I first saw the Uzi gun, I always said that grannies should carry this in their handbags.
It's nice and small and can cut an offender in half with a twitch of the trigger, not to mention any other spectators as it goes out of control... :bgrin:
'Sire, Sire!... the peasants are Revolting !!!'
'Yes, they are.. aren't they....'

Gunther

• Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 09:22:17 PM »
Get your facts first, and then you can distort them.

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 09:45:50 PM »
Bill,

I take your point that it is very unfortunate that kids get killed through stupidity with handguns but I wonder how big the list is of people who get killed by armed intruders when they are not armed themselves. Think of every high profile massacre that could have been stopped by one armed policeman or security guard. That lunatic in Sweden (I think) got 21 years for killing a large number of people yet it could have been stopped by one bullet (in his head) if protection was available.

If these cowards knew that someone would shoot them for trying, there would be far less people being shot at. I guess this is why the old Colts were called "peacemakers".
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :skrewy:

Bill Cravener

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 10:26:08 PM »
Steve,

I believe I’ve made it quite clear I have nothing against gun ownership other then when it comes to owning a handgun or assault rifle. Your story link above makes it obvious it doesn’t take a handgun to protect yourself. In the US about 80% of firearm homicides and about 70% of firearm suicides are committed using a handgun. I find it incredible, when you compare the US with all other industrialized countries, that so many of us Americans spend our lives in fear.

Ryan

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 10:32:38 PM »
What you call fear, I call security.

Bill Cravener

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 10:52:17 PM »
What you call fear, I call security.

You need a handgun for “security” because you “fear” an intruder? So in other words, like too many Americans such as yourself, you live in fear.

Ryan

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2012, 10:54:17 PM »
I don't fear an intruder when I have security.

Bill Cravener

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2012, 11:02:14 PM »
I don't fear an intruder when I have security.

But is it not the "fear" of an intruder that you feel the need for the "security" of owning that handgun?

So again I say, like too many Americans such as yourself, you live in fear.

Ryan

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2012, 11:13:48 PM »
Nope.  There are many reasons why people own guns.  It also acts as a deterrent.  It creates fear in the intruder, not the other way around.

anunitu

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2012, 11:21:09 PM »
I don't have a problem with guns,they are only a tool really. What I really have a problem with is STUPID gun owners,with no safety training. Sometimes they don't even know about a safety on the gun itself. I think it should be MANDATORY before you are allowed to own ANY gun that you have to go to a gun safety class,and not a one day quick thing,but one where you have to actually fire the weapon on a range,view a film that shows what a bullet does to the human body. Learn to understand your responsibility in owning a weapon.

That my rant on the subject.

Bill Cravener

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2012, 11:25:44 PM »
Nope.  There are many reasons why people own guns.  It also acts as a deterrent.  It creates fear in the intruder, not the other way around.

Of course there are other reasons, I own guns for hunting.

A handgun can only be a "deterrent" if the intruder knows you own one, correct? So the only other reason to own a handgun for "security" is the "fear" of an intruder.

Ryan

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2012, 11:28:19 PM »
With the right to bear arms in this country, an intruder doesn't know who does or who doesn't have a gun in the house.  If we were to lose that right, the intruder would have no fear.

anunitu

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2012, 11:34:01 PM »
First thing I was taught in the service when learning about guns was this "Never point a gun at a person unless you are prepared to kill that person" Showing deadly force means the other person will respond with deadly force. Period!!