Author Topic: Is China really  (Read 9674 times)

CodeDog

Is China really
« on: September 11, 2012, 06:04:12 PM »
Is China really a military threat to the world, if they don't have a navy big enough to move troops at sea, how will they be able to attack far away land? As far as I know they only have one aircraft carrier and it is an old rusty one.  :P

K_F

• Anybody out there?
Re: Is China really
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 05:15:56 AM »
The biggest threat to any 'super-power' is the 'enemy' within.
Actually these are the people that have more common sense than the military/political idiots..  ;)
'Sire, Sire!... the peasants are Revolting !!!'
'Yes, they are.. aren't they....'

CodeDog

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 06:12:14 AM »
Yes but IS China actually a super power btw?

dedndave

• Still using Abacus 2.0
    • DednDave
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 08:13:57 AM »
China doesn't need aircraft carriers
they have figured out that they can take us over in an economical sense without firing a shot

anunitu

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 08:47:28 AM »
I would not underestimate China,they are building a fleet as we chat. They are building up.

http://www.sinodefence.com/navy/default.asp

In WW2 the US was launching ships at the rate of one every two weeks or so. With the right incentive and money,they could match us and even pass us in the number of ships in perhaps 4-5 years. 

CodeDog

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 09:17:47 AM »
so over 70% of the earth surface is covered by water, china have finally understood what is important in this world?  :biggrin:

Is it possible they are showing off too much aggression during the transition, maybe afterwards when they have a reasonable big navy they will lower temper a bit and want to be part of the wolfpack, just be a gang member of the world gang? Look at India and their navy, they are so proud face is almost coming off. This kind of pride usually ends up with peaceful means, you just want to dominate the high seas, no other wishes.

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 03:17:35 PM »
I would not worry about any aircraft carrier, they are now old junk like battleships. China bought an old Russian carrier mainly for status reasons, strategically they are a floating target that cannot be defended against a 1st world military power. All of the major powers have anti-shipping missiles that cannot be stopped so if anything is above the waterline, its an easy target. Strategically the only thing worth building for a navy these days is submarines.

Its only in the context of warfare against 3rd world enemies that old junk like aircraft carriers are viable, to date the Taliban Air Force would be made of paper planes and they have nothing that will defend against modern aircrafts, carriers or surface to surface missiles. You could make a viable air attack on groups like the Taliban with a Tiger Moth with a high degree of success. Now an amazing technological leap forward is possible with the Taliban air force, you could install a paper clip on the nose of their paper planes to increase the effective range and perhaps even use a high tech rubber band to assist in launching such a terror weapon but it will be some time before their deterrent capacity will need to be taken seriously.  :P
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :skrewy:

CodeDog

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 08:46:12 PM »
I read about it from wikipedia, seems like they are interested in carriers.

Since the 1970s, the People's Liberation Army Navy (PLAN) has expressed interest in operating an aircraft carrier as part of its blue water aspirations, and press reports have frequently quoted senior Chinese military officials as expressing an intention to build aircraft carriers. On 7 June 2011, People's Liberation Army Chief of the General Staff Chen Bingde confirmed that China was constructing at least one indigenously designed aircraft carrier, with local media reporting that two hulls may currently be under construction.

Since 1985, China has acquired four retired aircraft carriers for study, the Australian HMAS Melbourne and the ex-Soviet carriers Minsk, Kiev and Varyag. I've read a bit into this and it seems like China in perticular is focusing on constructing large aircraft carriers, they will also have one in their international task force by 2050, and another 3 patrolling in their own territory. Obviously China know the potential of these carriers.

On the other hand, the united states is slowly moving toward the though of building smaller aircraft carriers and have more of them instead of a few super carriers, that way losses will be reduced if attacked by anti ship missiles. In the future we will likely see light aircraft carriers in bigger numbers, including flattops carrying drones and jump jets. Not only will lighter aircraft carriers in bigger numbers be less vounerable to anti ship missiles they will be faster, more maneuverable, have more potential to be stealthy because of reduced size of the ship and the great number will make it possible to be positioned many places in the world at the same time.

This is exactly what britain have been doing for decades, producing smaller light aircraft carriers. China however is moving the opposite direction, they are moving toward large carriers.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 10:26:49 AM by CodeDog »

xanatose

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2012, 06:45:30 PM »
All super powers are a military threat. Otherwise they would not be a super power for much time.

Altough the purpose of the army is as a deterrent. We you need to use it, you already lost.  War are costly. And even the FED magic press cannot support them.

oex

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2012, 05:25:06 PM »
How many times over can we destroy the world with nukes? The greatest threat we face is not super powers in a military sense but probably ourselves in a consumer sense.... Melting icecaps, driving species after species to extinction I think our own lack of intelligence and egotistical nature is the silent killer, wars will simply be the bi-product

anunitu

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2012, 09:45:25 PM »
This story points out a very real threat,and you might not even know it.

"The Windows 8 giant's Operation b70 team discovered crooks were selling computers loaded with counterfeit software and malware - including a software nastie that takes control of each machine to carry out orders from the Nitol central command server."

Remember a lot of our hardware is being made in China now,can we be sure of what we are getting?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/09/13/botnet_takedown/

CodeDog

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2012, 09:05:54 AM »
Remember a lot of our hardware is being made in China now,can we be sure of what we are getting?

What you are really asking here is this: "Can we trust China?"

If we split your question into tokens, we get this:

1: Remember a lot of our hardware is being made in China now.
2: can we be sure of what we are getting?

If you look at number 1, the same holds true for any other country.
If you look at number 2, we can never be sure of anything

All I'm left with here, is a question that can't be answered and a question that can only lead to conspiracy theories.

However if this was a problem in europe or america, I think somebody would have noticed an unreasonable amount of suspicious network traffic going in the same direction. You could block the dns servers mentioned in your hosts file btw and use secure dns servers if needed. Also, if you don't trust your hardware, buy some american hardware and install PfSense on that, let your chinese hardware pass network traffic through your american PfSense box  :P

Or put up an experiment, setup your PfSense to log everything going on in your network traffic for a week non-stop, then analyse it.

jimakoskx

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2012, 09:08:11 PM »
China doesn't need aircraft carriers
they have figured out that they can take us over in an economical sense without firing a shot

I hope so...china will not start something like <armagedon>!

I am new to forum and i didnt knew when i must post the <i am human proof post>..so i choosed this one!

Well..i hope to learn that i want <soon> but write now..i know only java basics and c++ minimums.

As for china.....the verb CINO in hellenic lan-guage means =destroy..
so....chinesse means somehow-thing as DESTROYER but it is a huge conversation of what it wants or programmed to destroy.

Farabi

• Neuroscience Fans
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2012, 11:09:13 PM »
Well my government was right, I need china and japan working together. If the reasearch done on japan and the mass production done on china, goods in here would be cheap, and had a good quality.

I vote no for war.
http://farabidatacenter.url.ph/MySoftware/
My 3D Game Engine Demo.

Contact me at Whatsapp: 6283818314165

jimakoskx

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2012, 05:48:10 AM »
Is that so really?!

Lets take the other edge.
In a little more time robots will deployed from those countries..
Then, how it will goes?
Will Europe and Esperia gain any <cheaper robot> profit ?
Not only Europe and America, but all man kind will get no profit by robots
because nobody will have a job!.....

And offcource no need for vote by us.(no democracy at any level indeed)
AOA of london and the deep chennese-japan background governtements will choose from their available options.