Message to All Guests

Main Menu

ANIMALS!

Started by felipe, March 31, 2018, 02:11:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordAdef

Quote from: felipe on March 31, 2018, 09:02:53 AM
Quote from: LordAdef on March 31, 2018, 08:08:04 AM
Although I could never get the right answer...

I hope than the reason for this is some kind of difficulty of the game. I fully tested the game and works fine. Glad that you tried, thanks again.  :icon14:

oh, the game logic is fine. It was really only me that couldn't get the right answer! :greenclp:

felipe

Really glad man, thanks  :icon14:. As soon as i can i will work in a gui game, this time i mean it  :greensml:.

LordAdef

hey Felipe, do you like the idea of a separate forum special for games? that would be nice.

we could post game related things there and so forth...

Hutch, how about that?

felipe

Well man, i don't know. Hutch is the owner of the forum. Also i can't compromise to just develop games. And finally, there may be a lot of topics to do, and probably is not practical to do a separate forum (inside this "big" forum) for each of this topics.  :idea:

LordAdef

well, I agree, but it would be nice. Let's wait for Hutch

hutch--

I am not sure what you are after, you can code anything you like and as long as its legal you can post it here.

daydreamer

nice game felipe, I was glad you uploaded it :t
nobody will laugh at it
@lordadef
I totally agree on a game forum, 3 threads is just uploading threads, dont forget to count all your previous threads and other members previous threads many of them are about help me learn part of assembly, so you can code your game
some code gamerelated stuff, but never get so far as release a game
but it would be nice to release that code in a game forum, free for others who want to make a game, so its not become useless

pixelshaders are originally game related

Felipe, this isnt bloated, I have a 303mb d3d folder, its easy when you want many hires textures
I also recommend a book for newbies,game programming for dummies,its C++ but there are first chapters getting started with setting up a minimal winapi skeleton, but also how to make all kinds of stuff, for example make enemies move with help of Finite State Machine coding etc

my none asm creations
https://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6937.msg74303#msg74303
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding

felipe

Thanks daydreamer. I'm glad you tried.  :icon14:

jj2007

Quote from: LordAdef on March 31, 2018, 12:36:35 PM
hey Felipe, do you like the idea of a separate forum special for games? that would be nice.

Maybe it could go as a sub-forum under "Projects", titled "Graphics & Sound for Game Development"? Right now, there are very good threads e.g. by Siekmanski, LordAdef & Caballero spread all over the place.

zeddicus

QuoteMaybe it could go as a sub-forum under "Projects", titled "Graphics & Sound for Game Development"?

Or simply "Game Development".
Either way it gets my vote.  :t

LordAdef

yep, something in those lines.

Siekmanski

Quote from: jj2007 on April 01, 2018, 07:44:43 AM

Maybe it could go as a sub-forum under "Projects", titled "Graphics & Sound for Game Development"? Right now, there are very good threads e.g. by Siekmanski, LordAdef & Caballero spread all over the place.

I like this idea.  :t
To include Intro and Demo coding as well, it could be titled:

"Graphics & Sound for Game and Art Development"

Creative coders use backward thinking techniques as a strategy.

daydreamer

Quote from: Siekmanski on April 01, 2018, 02:44:22 PM
Quote from: jj2007 on April 01, 2018, 07:44:43 AM

I like this idea.  :t
To include Intro and Demo coding as well, it could be titled:

"Graphics & Sound for Game and Art Development"
meshes arent supposed to be in orphanage, and some love to do the same with meshes just for fun, just like asmcoders like todo extreme reduced code, some love to make meshes extremely lowpoly
and the old forum had a raytracing forum, so why cant we instead have game forum?
my none asm creations
https://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6937.msg74303#msg74303
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding

avcaballero

My vote for that :t

I have had a few holidays that I have used to start a Gallaga-alike project from the scratch, full masm 32 bits. I have lost a lot of time in a dead line, so it is only in a starting point. The holidays is nearly over and I will to wait to another ones.

keys:
- 0..9 to change ship
- space. to move the ship in a circle... you know, just a starting point

PD: The window is quite small, hopefully you can resize it :t

Edited: After some sports with family, lunch, a siesta :biggrin:, the same as before with a starfield in the background

LordAdef

"Graphics & Sound for Game and Art Development",

this is excellent!

If Hutch is ok with the proposal I offer myself to collect the relevant threads and send him the links for evaluation (there are dozens of them spread all over the places).

Asm was the King of game development and is still fully used in game industry. It's a nice move