News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

ACE - ASM Code Editor

Started by i Z !, January 19, 2019, 02:56:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

i Z !

I'm sorry if it doesn't work for you jj2007, I only tested it in IE... Edge should also work. I've added a link at the top of ACE Webpage so you don't have to copy-paste it.

Important: Your Windows 10 have to be updated recently enough. Otherwise, you probably won't be able to download the free trial.

I'm also thinking about making a Web App version for testing...

jj2007

Well.... with Win7, I get that Google page. With Win10, it says "can't load that page". Clicking reload, it shows me a page that forces me to open a M$ account. NO WAY. FORGET IT. NOBODY here will test that 904kB proggie, let alone buy it for 40€ 8)

i Z !

Quote from: jj2007 on January 26, 2019, 05:37:46 AM
Clicking reload, it shows me a page that forces me to open a M$ account. NO WAY. FORGET IT. NOBODY here will test that 904kB proggie, let alone buy it for 40€ 8)

In that case, sorry for wasting your time. But as I said earlier the .exe is 306kB, and the whole package, as I uploaded it to MS Store, was less than 500kB in size. I don't know why it displays differently on MS Store... Maybe the size when installed..

i Z !

Quote from: ragdog on January 26, 2019, 03:19:00 AM
why limit it to 60 lines or something...?

can you tell me more?

I'm kinda stuck on this: If I give out a version that works on every Windows for free, who will then buy a version that I'm selling, which only works on Windows 10...?

ragdog

QuoteIn that case, sorry for wasting your time. But as I said earlier the .exe is 306kB, and the whole package, as I uploaded it to MS Store, was less than 500kB in size. I don't know why it displays differently on MS Store... Maybe the size when installed..

I have no Win10 or any Store but a store app is bigger as your upload
MS Store use something like that a VM all apps run on it

Have you not MS store can you not install it or run.
Upload your exe ( trial version ) on your site or post here without shit STORE.

Jochen say "wrong movie here." yes is like a bad ad on tv.

sorry I like to test new software, but i have no chance to test it.

i Z !

Quote from: ragdog on January 26, 2019, 09:07:44 AM

I have no Win10 or any Store but a store app is bigger as your upload
MS Store use something like that a VM all apps run on it

Have you not MS store can you not install it or run.
Upload your exe ( trial version ) on your site or post here without shit STORE.

Jochen say "wrong movie here." yes is like a bad ad on tv.

sorry I like to test new software, but i have no chance to test it.

I got the point that you keep making and I hope you got mine.
Besides, I've already preaented two alternatives that could, at least partially, satisfy you (Web App and Demo versions), but making of these is currently not my primary goal.
I've just decided that when either of those two 'alternatives' is ready, I will open a new topic with a different name, so you can "skip the ads"...
Maybe I'll name the topic "ORG-ASM Trial for Older Windows"

jj2007

May I timidly ask a question related to your marketing strategy: After 20 replies to this thread, have you already seen evidence that somebody has downloaded, installed, seen in action or even tested your editor?

i Z !

Quote from: jj2007 on January 26, 2019, 08:19:56 PM
After 20 replies to this thread, have you already seen evidence that somebody has downloaded, installed, seen in action or even tested your editor?

I'm mostly replying to your replies. To answer the question... Yes, already three people downloaded the newest version..
One from USA, one from Spain and just recently, someone installed it from OZ market... (possibly our chieftain Steve)
Steve, if you like the app, I'm giving it to you for free.
Also later, after I make some adjustments, I will be giving it for free to those who will find relevant bugs.

jj2007

Quote from: i Z ! on January 26, 2019, 09:43:35 PMYes, already three people downloaded the newest version..
Great, so we will soon see their reactions here in this thread :t

i Z !

Quote from: jj2007 on January 26, 2019, 09:54:06 PM
Great, so we will soon see their reactions here in this thread :t

Sure, but I have no indication to tell, whether the people who are downloading are from this forum ...
At some point, I'll maybe record a presentation video.

sinsi

Initial reactions:
- GUI glitches with a half title bar, menus, the edit box covering the right window
- on exit if not saved, asks to save, select cancel in save dialog, program quits anyway
- I can type "mov eax,1" quicker than using the shortcuts, maybe if I learn them it would be quicker
- things jump around too much
- any way of indenting? Tab doesn't seem to do anything

It took me a while to figure out the press enter thing, had to read the "help"

ragdog

i Z !

Quote from: sinsi on January 27, 2019, 07:34:41 AM
- GUI glitches with a half title bar, menus, the edit box covering the right window

I know some visuals need to be improved, but they shouldn't be too annoying..
The title bar starts out blank, true, perhaps this is what you mean by 'half title bar'.
Menus do get hidden when the form gets too small. But the menu items are always accessible by using keyboard shortcuts.

- on exit if not saved, asks to save, select cancel in save dialog, program quits anyway

Thanks for telling me, I'll look into it.

Edit: Sinsi - You've earned the app with reminding me about this issue. I'll maybe give you the app even before your trial version expires. That is, if you don't totally dislike it...

- any way of indenting? Tab doesn't seem to do anything

The editor recognizes and preserves the initial spaces of a certain line, but not yet TABs. Please use spaces for indenting. When you start typing a new line, the editor will keep the number of initial spaces from the previous line.

Thanks for looking into it, please tell me if you find anything else.

i Z !

- I can type "mov eax,1" quicker than using the shortcuts, maybe if I learn them it would be quicker

To write "mov eax,1" in fully enhanced mode:
- move to an empty line and make sure that the leftmost edit box has the input focus.
- press M twice, which is a shortcut for MOV (as displayed, when you press M on the first time)
- if not already in 32bit mode, hit Shift once - the options in the right box will change
- press F1 to get "EAX" and to move to the 3rd box
- press "1" followed by Enter (or any other key that moves to another line)

The editor automatically inserts spaces and puts the comma sign(,) before the text in the 3rd box (if there is any).

PS: I've updated the Webpage. Please refresh it, if it doesn't look new.

i Z !

Version 0.2.1.0 is available for download.
But I had to make some further corrections and improvements, so v0.2.2.0 is soon going to be out.