Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

ObjAsm

Started by Biterider, January 27, 2019, 02:32:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tempuyax

Hi
I am still using Windows XP ... Does the new version of ObjAsm32 still support ??

salam
tempuyax

NortBorneo

Biterider

Hi
The OOP model is completely independent of the operating system version.

Over time, some new features have been added to the libraries that require more modern APIs.
In general, however, you shouldn't have any problem.

Processors have also changed since the XP era.
ObjAsm has some built-in switches that can be used to fall back to these older instruction sets.

Biterider

jack

hello Biterider
is your site down?

Biterider

Hi jack
Thanks for reporting it. It seems that the provider has some service issues.
Let's see if he can solve it in the next few hours.

Biterider

Biterider

Hi
The homepage is online again  :cool:

Biterider

jack

thank you Biterider :)

HSE

Hi Biterider!

Quote from: Biterider on April 30, 2020, 05:44:02 AMThe OOP model is completely independent of the operating system version.

Have somebody ever reported success running ObjAsm programs for WinXP?

Thanks, HSE.
Equations in Assembly: SmplMath

Biterider

Hi HSE
Maybe it's splitting hairs, but the OOP model has nothing to do with the operating system. 
However, the APIs used for implementation behave differently. Here you have to pay attention to the target OS version. 
For example, the object implementation of "MovingThrobber" only works from Win8 onwards.

Biterider

HSE

Quote from: Biterider on November 07, 2023, 05:15:58 AMHowever, the APIs used for implementation behave differently.

Yes. In theory, APIs are selects with switches. But perhaps some switch don't work like expected (M$ no longer support for example), or I just missing one :biggrin:

Apparently the problem is in non-OOP code, mostly plain asm but using some APIs. 

I will have to make more simple tests then  :eusa_boohoo:

Thanks.

Note: progran run perfectly in WOW64, but that is a very complex machine even capable to correct things. :smiley:
Equations in Assembly: SmplMath