News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

IRC Client/Bot

Started by Gunner, October 09, 2012, 10:41:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gunner

Don't remember what it was, but something got me thinking about making an IRC Client/Bot.  Searched and searched, and any code samples I did find did not work, or were very minimal or just plain ole crap.
Tested locally with BewareIRCD server and with irc.colosolutions.net on EFNet.  Be careful of what IRC servers you use or you will get K-Lined as they don't allow bots.

One of the samples I did find, I tore apart and re-wrote, still have a few lines at the beginning and end of ReadSocket, otherwise it is all from my head.  If you are curious about IRC, this is a good template to work off of.

Enjoy!
~Rob

hutch--

:biggrin:

This brings back memories of pre 2000 when I used to run a half a dozen eggdrop bots on high speed servers to stop channel takeovers. Botnet back in those days meant an eggdrop botnet, this was before the idiot fringe took over and the term was used for zombie compromised computers.

Gunner

This originally was just to learn and see if I could do it.  It is now growing...  Now handles a few CTCP commands, different responses from the chat server, and I the bot has a few commands of its own.  I am having fun with it now!
~Rob