Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Long lines UASM32

Started by HSE, February 08, 2019, 12:18:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HSE

Hi UASM team!

I'm triyng to build a UASM32. Apparently inttypes.h is missing (included in macho64spec.h).

Because I have others errors wich maybe I can't solve, perhaps some of you can build a release with long lines, macrolevels, etc. In globals.h: #define MAX_LINE_LEN            2048  /* no restriction for this number */
#define MAX_TOKEN  MAX_LINE_LEN - 32  /* max tokens in one line */
#define MAX_STRING_LEN          MAX_LINE_LEN - 32 /* must be < MAX_LINE_LEN */
#define MAX_ID_LEN              247  /* must be < MAX_LINE_LEN */
#define MAX_STRUCT_ALIGN        32
#define MAX_SEGMENT_ALIGN       4096 /* maximum alignment/packing setting for segments */
#define MAX_IF_NESTING          32 /* IFxx block nesting. Must be <=32, see condasm.c */
#define MAX_SEG_NESTING         32 /* limit for segment nesting  */
#define MAX_MACRO_NESTING       200 /* macro call nesting  */
#define MAX_STRUCT_NESTING      32 /* limit for "anonymous structs" only */
#define MAX_LNAME              255 /* OMF lnames - length must fit in 1 byte */
#define LNAME_NULL             0   /* OMF first entry in lnames array */

Thanks.
Equations in Assembly: SmplMath

jimg

deleted

KradMoonRa

2.47.2 version compiled with large lines and extra macros lib

Check source x86macros.c for see wath happens behind the woods for extra macros lib.

https://github.com/eXOAMP/UASM/releases/download/eX_v2.47.2/Uasm-v2.47.2.7z
https://github.com/eXOAMP/UASM/archive/eX_v2.47.2.zip
The uasmlib

HSE

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

@Krad:
Just replace in globals.h the lines posted above.

The maximum line size I measured ever was around 1680 bytes after expansion.

KradMoonRa

Copy that,

I just use large macros and naming in multi line manner with spaces and line breaks has a lot of hasted characters.

Recompiled with,

#define MAX_LINE_LEN            25600  /* no restriction for this number */
#define MAX_TOKEN  MAX_LINE_LEN - 32  /* max tokens in one line */
#define MAX_STRING_LEN          MAX_LINE_LEN - 32 /* must be < MAX_LINE_LEN */
#define MAX_ID_LEN              MAX_LINE_LEN - 32 /*247*/  /* must be < MAX_LINE_LEN */
#define MAX_STRUCT_ALIGN        64
#define MAX_SEGMENT_ALIGN       4096 /* maximum alignment/packing setting for segments */
#define MAX_IF_NESTING          32 /* IFxx block nesting. Must be <=32, see condasm.c */
#define MAX_SEG_NESTING         32 /* limit for segment nesting  */
#define MAX_MACRO_NESTING       200 /* macro call nesting  */
#define MAX_STRUCT_NESTING      32 /* limit for "anonymous structs" only */
#define MAX_LNAME              255 /* OMF lnames - length must fit in 1 byte */
#define LNAME_NULL             0   /* OMF first entry in lnames array */

https://github.com/eXOAMP/UASM/releases/download/eX_v2.47.2/Uasm-v2.47.2.7z
https://github.com/eXOAMP/UASM/archive/eX_v2.47.2.zip
The uasmlib

HSE

No problem Krad. Thanks anyway.  :t

My simplest projects have a thousand lines "before" expansion. There is no memory for 25kb lines, just including windows.inc (one line) you have 27000 lines.

HSE

Solved!!

I found that UASM code only can be easily compiled by V$  :biggrin:

There is a bunch of modules  that depends of functions that are not in the code but apparently  they are injected by V$ at compilation time  :eusa_boohoo:

Regards.

johnsa

For building it on Windows I only use VS. For Linux and OSX builds it works with gcc and clang + respective make files.

The default setting in the source at present is 1024 i believe for max line len. We could up this slightly.

jj2007

Quote from: johnsa on February 11, 2019, 08:24:40 PMThe default setting in the source at present is 1024 i believe for max line len.

I made a quick test: Let esi="12 ...78", it starts choking at 990+ characters with "line too long after expansion". More than enough for my taste, but others may have different needs. Does it slow down assembly of a "normal" source if you allow longer lines?

Masm 10 chokes at 255 chars, same for 6.15.

johnsa

I'm not sure if it would affect the performance without testing it. In theory it shouldn't, as line operations should only act on what is actually stored in the line.

HSE

Quote from: johnsa on February 11, 2019, 08:24:40 PM
For building it on Windows I only use VS. For Linux and OSX builds it works with gcc and clang + respective make files.
V$ was the last to test, it's not in this machine. I don't know if some switch can change the behaviour or just Win DDK it's designed in that way. C++ configuration is very complex, not so easy like assembly.

Quote from: johnsa on February 11, 2019, 08:24:40 PM
The default setting in the source at present is 1024 i believe for max line len. We could up this slightly.
Increasing line len to 2048 result in out of memory here. For that I increased stack and heap reserved and committed, and work for ObjAsm32 programs, but apparently size I randomlly choose it's not  enough for ObjAsm Fusion because have more includes by default .  Asmc (rebuilded with more macrolevels) work with 2048 without any trouble, just don't understand well some macro used in ObjAsmF.

johnsa

I would think the same compiler settings from asmc should be portable to uasm with ddk or vs and the result should be the same with extra macro levels + line length ?

HSE

Quote from: johnsa on February 12, 2019, 03:16:13 AM
the same compiler settings from asmc should be portable to uasm
I don't think so. AsmC is maked in part in assembly, and mainly use a megalibrary totally in assembly (builded with AsmC). The other part use Watcom libraries and tools.

Just a few thing are missing now to build UASM32 without V$: _alloca_probe_16 (V$'s original depens on vcruntime but perhaps is possible to replace with alloca16.obj from ObjAsm), AddSimdTypes (all the time here) and _report_rangecheckfailure (swich /GS- ). 

LATER: Perfect  :t

KradMoonRa

Quote from: johnsa on February 12, 2019, 03:16:13 AM
I would think the same compiler settings from asmc should be portable to uasm with ddk or vs and the result should be the same with extra macro levels + line length ?

For portability with diverse OS WINDOWS UNIX/LINUX and mach, My assembler reference it is UASM, I achieved wath I wanted to do in one simple manner, that is make the procedures names available for the easy portable call-conventions and OS kernel, in a C runtime library format, with less or none cascade jump-call hastes or/and security cookies catch blocks.

I most say UASM in 64bits assemble time, it easily afford large lines, like 43x6x24=6,192 characters for the jump-table offsets names. It assemble in less than 3 seconds. Awesome...

For array lines untested, still no practical real situation to see wath will break the assemble time.

ASMC has cool things, like UASM also has cool things, both produce fast assemble time and portable between each other.  :t
The uasmlib

TimoVJL

UASM sources are for C++ compilers :(
A pure C and C99 C compiler could have some problems with it.

- types.h line needs a fix: #ifndef _TYPES_H_INCLUDED_
- macho64.c needs  #include <stdint.h>
- winconsole.h use useless annotations ?

Clang can't use WDDK 7.10 headers, where in math.h is struct  _complex _Complex. Also it don't have stdint.h inttypes.h
A fix:  _CRTIMP double  __cdecl _cabs(__in struct _complex __Complex);

Some speed tests with \masm32\m32lib\*.asm , one file at a time ;)
asmc.exe 8.845s
uasm64.exe 10.701s
hjwasm64poc.exe 10.686s
uasm32.exe 14.398s
uasm64msvcrt-cl.exe 19.16s clang 8 + msvcrt.dll
uasm64msvcrt.exe 20.732s msvc 19.16 + msvcrt.dll
ml.exe 27.690s 14.15.26726
uasm32msvcrt.exe 31.371s msvc 19.16 + msvcrt.dll
uasm32msvcrt-cl.exe 31.90s clang 8 + msvcrt.dll
with -c -coff \masm32\m32lib\*.asm 5.506s        asmc.exe
8.424s        uasm64.exe
8.486s        uasm64_msvc2010.exe