Author Topic: Joe Biden looking good.  (Read 7576 times)

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
Joe Biden looking good.
« on: October 12, 2012, 01:36:42 PM »
I just watched the vice presidential debate and by a rough guess Joe did well, knew his stuff, delivered it in a tidy manner and did not talk paint off the wall.  :biggrin:
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :skrewy:

Bill Cravener

Re: Joe Biden looking good.
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 09:06:34 PM »
Hi Steve,

Joe Biden is a good guy as politicians go. That goes for President Obama also. I’d sit down with either of them and have a beer anytime. Both came from poor stock and both worked hard to get where they are.

Not to highjack this thread but your Prime Minister Julia Gillard as been making the news up here in the states. I got to tell you she’s one ballsie lady! How is she seen by the people down there in oz?

Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard Lashes Out Against Sexism in Blistering Video

sinsi

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 09:25:05 PM »
>How is she seen by the people down there in oz?
The Liberal voters call her 'Juliar' because of broken election promises. So witty.
Name me one political party anywhere that keeps all election promises.

I haven't seen the video, don't want to. Both sides are as bad as each other.
As a lifelong Labor voter I really dislike both, Julia the figurehead and Tony the headkicker.
If only the marijuana party was still around...

Bill Cravener

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 10:53:52 PM »
Here are just a couple of Joe Bidens zingers. It was great theater!!

Joe made Paul look silly last night. The best part of the debate was the following:

Perhaps Biden’s most effective moment was his response to Ryan’s condemnation of the economic stimulus.

“(Joe) I love my friend here,” Biden said, noting that Ryan “sent me two letters saying, ‘By the way, can you send me some stimulus money for companies here in the state of Wisconsin?’”

“You did ask for stimulus money?” Martha Raddatz asked of Ryan.

“(Paul) On two occasions, we — we — we advocated for constituents who were applying for grants.”

“(Joe) I love that,” Biden pressed, going on to quote from Ryan’s letter saying the stimulus would “create growth and jobs.”

When Ryan tried to blame Obama for the automatic defense spending cuts, Biden pointed out that Ryan had praised the agreement: “(Paul) We’ve been looking for this moment for a long time.”

When Ryan criticized inadequate security in last month’s attack on diplomats in Libya, Biden retorted: “The congressman here cut embassy security in his budget by $300 million below what we asked for.”

On taxes: “(Joe) Instead of signing pledges to Grover Norquist not to ask the wealthiest among us to contribute to bring back the middle class, they should be signing a pledge saying to the middle class ‘we’re going to level the playing field.’ ”

On homeowners: “(Joe) Get out of the way and let us allow 14 million people who are struggling to stay in their homes because their mortgages are upside down.”

An indignant Biden accused Ryan and his fellow Republicans in Congress of tanking the economy (oh they did indeed under Bush). “(Joe) They talk about this Great Recession as if it fell out of the sky, like, ‘oh my goodness, where did it come from?’” he said, then pointed at Ryan. “It came from this man, voting to put two wars on a credit card, [and] a trillion-dollar tax cut for the very wealthy.”

And of all the truths Joe pointed out last night this one was the best:

"(Joe) It shouldn't be surprising for a guy who says 47 percent of the American people are unwilling to take responsibility of their own lives," said Biden. "My friend [Ryan] recently said in a speech in Washington said 30 percent of the American people are takers. These people are my mom and dad, the people I grew up with, my neighbors. They pay more effective tax than Gov. Romney pays in his federal income tax. They are elderly people who in fact are living off of Social Security. They are veterans who are fighting in Afghanistan right now who are not, not paying taxes."

Wham, Bam, Boom!!! :biggrin:

Bill Cravener

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 10:57:53 PM »
>How is she seen by the people down there in oz?
The Liberal voters call her 'Juliar' because of broken election promises. So witty.
Name me one political party anywhere that keeps all election promises.

I haven't seen the video, don't want to. Both sides are as bad as each other.
As a lifelong Labor voter I really dislike both, Julia the figurehead and Tony the headkicker.
If only the marijuana party was still around...

sinsi,

Still from what it appears in the video, sexism, if what Julia said is true, is not good and should not be tolerated. :icon13:

hutch--

• Administrator
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 11:32:59 PM »
Bill,

Its funny stuff, Gillard is not a good public speaker but is a very competent industrial lawyer and as soon as she stops trying to play googie goodie gumdrops she performs well. Over the last couple of years our opposition leader has been hammering her over everything he could and she has kept wearing it, then this week she let him have it right between the eyes and hit the target. Now the opposition leader has had to get his wife, his mother and his daughters to say he is really a "New Age Sensitive Guy" when in fact he is a head kicker from old.

Its too late now but Rudd was a pleasure to listen to where Julia is a pain. She is not without talent but should give up playing goodie goodie gumdrops and stick to what she is good at.
hutch at movsd dot com

Gunther

• Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2012, 11:33:59 PM »
Steve,

I just watched the vice presidential debate and by a rough guess Joe did well, knew his stuff, delivered it in a tidy manner and did not talk paint off the wall.  :biggrin:

yes this was my impression, too.

Bill,

Joe Biden is a good guy as politicians go. That goes for President Obama also. I’d sit down with either of them and have a beer anytime.

I agree with you. Please make an appointment fur us. Do you think that's possible? :lol:

Gunther
You have to know the facts before you can distort them.

dedndave

• Still using Abacus 2.0
    • DednDave
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2012, 01:26:27 AM »
no appointment needed
Joe is coming over tomorrow night for our weekly poker game
it's his turn to bring the pizza - hope he doesn't forget

Gunther

• Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2012, 01:34:33 AM »
Hi Dave,

no appointment needed
Joe is coming over tomorrow night for our weekly poker game
it's his turn to bring the pizza - hope he doesn't forget

I've written that in my personal schedule into my super tablet pc with 4 cores, running Android. :lol:

Gunther
You have to know the facts before you can distort them.

dedndave

• Still using Abacus 2.0
    • DednDave
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2012, 03:09:17 AM »
 :lol:

i don't mind Joe - he brings money to the ante
but all those secret service guys make a mess in the lawn   :icon13:

hutch--

• Administrator
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2012, 12:17:41 PM »
Interestingly enough the English media tended to see Joe as the winner of the debate. There was a bit of criticism about him being too agressive but most saw that he outperformed the younger candidate.
hutch at movsd dot com