Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

problems when I include assembler code in C++ function

Started by Jovanna, May 13, 2019, 09:54:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aw27

@Jovanna

I don't know if you are mentioning it somewhere here but have you installed the VS 2017 Redistributables on the virtual machine?

Sure, you forgot.  :sad:. It is normal.  :skrewy:

And don't forget also, that you need to make a Release build to test on that machine, Debug builds will not work because there are no redistributed .dlls for debug releases.

Windows 8.1 32-bit Virtual Machine

Jovanna

Dear TimoVJL,
Dear AW,
Dear LiaoMi,
Dear jj2007,
Dear All,
first, many thanks to AW and Timo (it was exactly what you supposed) and thanks to all who have written me.
In two words, the problem solution:
1/check the .NET Framework version: on Visual Studio - project-set-version must be the same as .NET Framework version installed on the machine you run the app. (if app ver.4.0, must be at least 4.0:  latest versions include ver.4.0, is it?)
2/Install on the machine you run the app - Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3 RC
(Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable installs run-time components of Visual C++ libraries. These components are required to run C++ applications that are developed using Visual Studio 2015 Update 3 RC and link dynamically to Visual C++ libraries. )
...sorry that I blamed Assembler, it is a great powerful language!
::please, Assembler, become easier to be learned...::  :smiley:
Kind regards,
And have lucky days!!

aw27

Well, Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019 redistributables are all the same and it is expected that user will keep the redistributables updated. So no need to say it is 2015 Update 3 RC or whatever.

One day you will understand these easy things (hopefully).  :joking:

PS: Oops, forgot to put the link, just in case you don't believe it, please confirm:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Jovanna

Dear TimoVJL,
Dear AW,
Dear LiaoMi,
Dear jj2007,
Dear All,
first, many thanks to AW and Timo (it was exactly what you supposed) and thanks to all who have written me.
In two words, the problem solution:
1/check the .NET Framework version: on Visual Studio - project-set-version must be the same as .NET Framework version installed on the machine you run the app. (if app ver.4.0, must be at least 4.0:  latest versions include ver.4.0, is it?)
2/Install on the machine you run the app - Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3 RC
(Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable installs run-time components of Visual C++ libraries. These components are required to run C++ applications that are developed using Visual Studio 2015 Update 3 RC and link dynamically to Visual C++ libraries. )
...sorry that I blamed Assembler, it is a great powerful language!
::please, Assembler, become easier to be learned...::  :smiley:
Kind regards,
And have lucky days!!

Jovanna

Yes AW,
this was exactly my app' "Small Problem", that took me at least 3 months (and even more) codding and codding, generating solutions, using all technologies available (P/Invoke, CLR, ... ... )
this is the link you posted, yes.
and: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=52685
cheers!