Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

ObjAsm C.1.0 release

Started by Biterider, August 15, 2019, 06:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biterider

Hi 2B||!2B
Any progress with the fresh installation?
Biterider

2B||!2B

Hi biterider,

Thanks for the advice.
I have yes old ObjASM and uninstalled then did fresh installation.
However, there seems to have an error in the path. I have already set it in the installer to the correct one but in radasm, it still shows the old paths?

Paths set on installer:
%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\bin
%ProgramFiles%\Windows Kits\8.1\bin\x86

Paths show in RadASM project options
4,O,C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\10.0.17763.0\x64\rc.exe /v /I$H,1
5,O,"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.22.27905\bin\Hostx64\x64\link.exe" @$A\Build\Options\OPT_LNK_DBG_32.txt /OUT:"$5" "$3" "$4"

0,0,"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe" $5,5

PS: RadASM path is set to empty in installer. Is this the reason?
I am on a 32bit Windows.

Biterider

Hi 2B||!2B
The installer does not set the paths into RadAsm rap files. You have to set them for your system.
I used the RadAsm project configuration (Menu/Project/Project options) to switch between 32- and 64-bit targets instead of debug and release mode. The paths are more or less the ones I used on my computer.
The preferred way to compile the ObjAsm projects is to use the make.cmd files in each project directory. If you set up the paths correctly using the installer, then this should work out of the box. If not, check the environment variables OBJASM_PATH, WINKIT_PATH, MSVS_PATH. RADASM_PATH is not critical and is only used when sharing information with RadAsm, e.g. Proc names for syntax highlighting.
In the \ObjAsm\Help\ folder there is a file called "Manual Setup Instructions.txt". It may help you to setup your environment.

Biterider